Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
The Senior Manager, Human Resources, in conjunction with the Senior Director, will partner with employees at all levels by providing world-class HR support and strategies; specifically supporting our West coast region on a day to day operational level while supporting other site HRG's and HR leadership on companywide HR initiatives. The Senior Manager will provide coaching and development, drive employee engagement and organizational change across all levels of the employee population at multiple locations. The role acts as a central point of contact, consultant, and facilitator, and coordinates with Centers of Expertise including Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development, to optimize the employee experience. This role will contribute to the development of HR priorities and projects that strategically align with our business objectives and drive organizational development. The role requires excellent communication and strategic thinking abilities, and the agility to function in a face-paced environment. The end-game is to provide the highest level of customer-focused HR support and strategy that delivers on our Common Purpose and world-class culture of diversity and inclusion.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the subject matter expert for HR policies and procedures. Interprets and promotes equitable application of human resource policies and procedures for NeoGenomics.
- Manages and develops HR team members in multi-site locations.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition and L&D teams to appropriately align HR operational programs with the overall employee experience.
- Ensures organizational compliance with relevant employment laws, regulations, etc., through appropriate policy development, training, creation and implementation of forms, or other appropriate means.
- Monitors legislation and legal provisions that may affect HR operational processes and ensure NeoGenomics is in legal compliance in partnership with the Legal team.
- Develops and updates position descriptions to accurately portray the duties and responsibilities of the position, comply with all legal requirements, including ADA, FLSA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc., and incorporates all relevant qualifications.
- Ensure appropriate administration of FMLA, other leave, and return to work programs through proactive engagement with Leave of Absence Partner.
- Provides strategic employee support at site(s) on employee benefits programs, including health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement / savings plans, and wellness programs ensuring compliance with relevant regulations (e.g., ERISA, COBRA, Internal Revenue Service codes, etc.);
- Initiates employee corrective actions process in partnership with management and processes all Employee Change Forms (ECF) for all payroll and employment status changes for staff of NeoGenomics, processing the ECFs to the appropriate employees, supervisors, Payroll Dept. staff, and designated Executive Team members.
- Defines and develops training that are aligned to effective performance management; Presents training and provides guidance to supervisors on effective performance counseling. Enables and assist with performance coaching and feedback sessions to support two-way communication for successful employee performance.
- Manages human resources information systems, both paper and technological, including meeting federal, state, county, funding agency, program, licensing, and internal/external audit requirements, as needed. Ensures confidentiality of all personnel-related data and documents.
- Performs all duties and service in full compliance with Company's values and standards.
- Assumes other duties as assigned or needed
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's degree preferred; SHRM certification preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in Human Resources preferably in a healthcare setting; Must be familiar with relevant legislation, laws, regulations, precedents and protocol of personnel and employment business, hiring practices, and labor relations.
- Minimum of three years of people management experience.
- Ability to function independently within a broad scope of guidelines and established policies and goals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentially.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Past experience developing policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence change & process improvements.
- Must be very detail oriented and have great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of with human resources laws and federal/state compliance requirements.
- Computer and Internet literacy; specifically, with MS office applications and knowledge of Word, Excel is required.
- Experience with Workday is a plus.