About the Team
DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and we are hiring a Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) - Recruiting Enablement to help shape our future.
At DoorDash, we believe that we're a career destination where everyone, especially women and non-binary people of all backgrounds and underrepresented people of color, can do the very best work of their careers. Our employees are our most important customers and we believe that an inclusive company culture drives stronger results. As part of the Culture and Belonging function, the DEI team strives to build diversity, equity, and inclusion into People operations, policies, and programs, therefore empowering our ~5,000 employees across the U.S., Australia, Canada, India, Japan, and Mexico with the tools to ensure that underrepresented identities and perspectives are valued and can thrive.About the Role
You will bring DEI recruitment expertise to the Global Culture and Belonging Team and partner closely with the Global Recruiting Team to ensure that DoorDash is utilizing processes, programs, and policies that result in hiring diverse talent. You will be an integral part of the strategic DEI team as you design, launch, and manage a wide range of inclusive hiring initiatives that drive consistency and impact across the business.
You will report to the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and will be a key member on the DEI team. You will be an essential partner to our Management Team, Leadership Team, People Team, and underrepresented communities at DoorDash. We are considering candidates across the U.S. provided they are open to necessary travel post COVID-19. DoorDash employees are working remotely through the end of 2021.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You will partner closely with the Global Recruiting Team and serve as the DEI subject matter expert by providing DEI tools and frameworks that enable the Global Recruiting Team to effectively and efficiently hire diverse talent.
- You will serve as a strategic thought partner with the Global Recruiting Team, HR Business Partners, Legal, and Policy teams, keeping the business and key stakeholders informed and engaged in diversity hiring initiatives.
- You will lead and support projects from idea to execution in order to scale and operationalize DEI across Recruiting and the business.
- You will work with the People Analytics team in partnership with the Global Recruiting Team to analyze hiring performance and provide data driven insights and recommendations, leveraging data to offer solutions.
- You will partner with the Employer Brand and Recruitment Marketing Team to tell the DoorDash story so we can recruit and retain underrepresented employees.
- You will help educate and drive greater awareness around industry best practices, benchmarks, and the latest DEI approaches as they relate to recruitment.
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher
- You have 10+ years of work experience with at least 5 years of experience with DEI
- You are experienced in interpreting data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, guide decisions and measure impact
- You have demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving adjacent teams to accomplish the plan
- You have demonstrated ability to influence leadership to take action
- You have successfully facilitated enterprise-level initiatives with and across the senior leadership layer
- You are flexible in a fast paced work environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently while paying close attention to detail
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website , the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog , and the DoorDash Careers page .
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users-from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce - people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.