With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Sr Manager, Commercial Communications will lead and deliver external and internal Communications strategies and deliverables in support of the Commercial business - specifically for branded products and pipeline assets within select Therapeutic Areas (TAs). This role provides counsel and develops communications strategies and plans for TA Leaders at the SVP and VP level - providing a combination of counsel, strategy and execution.
The incumbent must be skilled at juggling multiple projects, under significant deadlines. This includes external, internal, and digital communications, as well as issues management -- in a way that builds a favorable reputation for CSL Behring, reinforces the Company's Brand Positioning and supports CSL Behring Commercial objectives.
1- Internal Leadership
- Prepares external and internal communications plans and recommendations to support the overarching TA business objectives.
- Provides external and internal communications' strategic counsel and tactical execution for key global product brands and pipeline products.
- Develops external communications (media materials, stakeholder communications), internal communications (product related, employee engagement), digital communications (social media) and issues management.
- Regularly advises as well as seeks counsel from Head of External Communications in advance of upcoming opportunities and challenges in country/region.
- Maintains a working understanding of: Company strategy, Biotech and plasma product industries; select CSL Behring products; and competitive landscape.
2- Technical Execution
- Possesses excellent planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Leads the creation of content and manages editorial calendar to ensure optimized presence
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, often on tight deadlines in a variety of formats (e.g. speeches, talking points, news releases, etc.)
- Research, write and edit product-related content, as needed, for CSL internal publications.
3- Natural Collaborator
- Actively engages Head of External Communications and Communications colleagues leaders for support, expertise and consistency
- Incumbent works in a matrixed environment across multiple teams in country/region.
- Has significant contacts with other groups inside and outside the organization which benefit performance of the group and/or provide resources for the group.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships inside and outside CSL Behring, including the external community, news media, corporate and business leadership, as well as fellow communications professionals on a global basis.
- Leads others toward general-interest decisions and partnerships that support corporate objectives and long-term effectiveness.
4- Results-Based Outcomes
- Concentrates on value-adding opportunities. Sets ambitious goals and high standards of performance for self.
- Exercises leadership in making things happen. Anticipates problems and opportunities before need is apparent to others.
- Proactively builds relationships, coordinates campaigns and targets outreach programs to key stakeholders.
- Manages public relations agencies in support of select branded products, including: Making agency selection recommendations to brand managers, coordinating the briefing, pitching review, selection, contracting and on-boarding process; direct the agency on a day-to-day basis to achieve high quality work product at reasonable cost; track and manage all PR budgets in each area noted above.
5- Balancing Company and Brand Needs
- Ability to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of select brands objectives and strategies within the context of CSL Behring's global objectives and strategies.
- Ability to advocate for effective, strategic communications, while remaining sensitive to the influences (political, social, cultural, religious, economic) that impact CSL, its stakeholders, and its brands.
- Adjusts rapidly to unexpected or changing conditions and helps others to make similar adjustments.
- Deals effectively with new and different situations.
- Travels to key medical meetings and Congresses on behalf of the Company, conducting on-site management of all public relations activities.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism or closely related field that develops written, verbal and communications skills.
- Advanced, progressive professional development training is ideal.
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in private sector and/or government internal & external communications is mandatory. Pharmaceutical or applied Science experience of 3+ years is highly desirable.
- 2+ years of Digital communications/Social Media experienced is required.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working in a matrixed organization is a plus