AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
For large projects with multiple systems, the application architect is responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies, working primarily with management and technical specialists across functional disciplines. Participates in the development of the AbbVie infrastructure and understands the impact and needs of the applications. Supports the application and technical specialists in the multi-system application architecture and has a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs for the applications involved and the impact upon each other.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Leads teams consisting of other functional groups within the AbbVie IT organization to establish technical strategies and the tactical plans to be positioned for the current and future needs of the business.
- Evaluates application system needs across multiple systems and develops corresponding application and logical data architectures and standards.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to clients, Senior Application Technical Specialists and other technical architects in all aspects of enabling technologies to meet business needs. Provides expertise on application architecture design or improvement. Considers the performance impact of the architecture.
- Collaborates with hardware, network and database architects to research new technologies and make recommendations to management on these new technologies at Abbott. Facilitates the purchase and introduction of new technologies.
- Communicates and educates the technical and business communities on current architectures and technologies and industry trends.
- Performs technical oversight of implementation projects to assure alignment with architecture and technology standards. Collaborates with the hardware, network and database architects in application design and implementation.
- Works closely with product vendors ensuring strategic and architectural fit, and ability of product to scale in order to meet Abbott requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years experience. Experience as a Application Architect.
- SAP S/4 implementation experience involving Devices and Service Management (Modules - Sales & Distribution, Customer Service, Materials Management, Plant Maintenance)
- eCommerce application implementation and/or support (CRM, Salesforce, etc.)
- Proficiency with functional and technical documentation (e.g., functional design specifications, test scripts, etc.)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.