Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Human Resources
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Business Partner will be responsible for leading day-to-day activities of the HR function for the assigned facility and will be assigned human resource related projects of a moderate to complex nature. The Human Resources Representative applies skills in selection/retention techniques, an extensive knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, employee benefit programs and Federal and state laws regarding employment practices in order to support the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the day to day HR functions.
- Employee Resource - Responsible for being an employee resource and advocate; actively listen, investigate and provide answers in response to employee questions and emails; researching and investigating HR and policy questions; and provide information and resources to employees as needed.
- Prepare data for compensation analysis using external resources and make recommendations.
- Ability to make suggestions to Director for improvements in all aspects of HR and employee relations.
- Benefit and Payroll administration.
- Recruitment/Selection/Hiring/Onboarding - Execute and develop our recruiting plan to efficiently and effectively fill open positions. Leads full cycle staffing process including: writing job descriptions, creating job postings, coordinating Hiring Manager approval, responsible for applicant sourcing, recruiting and developing an applicant pool of qualified candidates, pre-screen and qualify candidates, conduct candidate interviews, write offer letters, coordinate background check, drug test and pre-employment screening process, conduct new hire orientation training, new hire performance reviews through the completion of the on-boarding process.
- Advising & Training the Managers/Discipline
- Employee Relations/Dispute Resolution/Investigations
- Other Functions - Research, investigate and draft HR policy interpretation; represent the Company at unemployment hearings and draft unemployment claim responses. Research, investigate and draft EEO & ERD Responses; participate in the 401k committee and other functions as needed.
- Facilitate the resolution of formal and informal complaints with employees, managers, supervisors regarding the terms and conditions of employment, corrective action, implementation of policy/procedure and issues involving allegations of inappropriate conduct such as harassment and discrimination complaints.
- Assist managers and supervisors with contract interpretation and the investigation of issues and exploration of resolutions that are in line with organizational values and philosophy.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business required
- Five or more years of progressive experience in Human Resources preferred
- Knowledge of legal implications as it relates to employee relations
- Manufacturing background experience preferred
- Strong communication skills including oral, written and interpersonal
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and seamlessly manage a high volume of activity and requests from multiple sources in a time sensitive environment
- Proven success in a demanding, fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Solid computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP, Kronos and ADP or other payroll systems.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities