Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We currently seek senior level Functional Safety Engineers - Hardware.
This position requires experienced professionals with hands-on experience in functional safety engineering in the context of ISO 26262 at an OEM or Tier 1 with particular focus on Part 5 - Product Development at the Hardware Level.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment. You Will
- Drive the development of functional safety system requirements and technical safety requirements towards hardware design solutions.
- Actively contribute to the definition and/or confirmation of the system architecture of one or more functional domains in the vehicle (powertrain, high voltage etc.) from the perspective of the functional safety engineer.
- Define methods and practice the construction of hardware architectural metrics for internally developed hardware designs.
- Analyze hardware with respect to diagnostic coverage and minimizing the risk of random hardware failure leading to safety goal violations.
- Work closely with internal teams to support FMEDA reviews and to define technical hardware solutions to decrease the risk of safety failures.
- Help implement and master functional safety hardware processes and tools to ensure Lucid Motors' vehicle provides world-class safety
- Work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Knowledge of vehicle embedded systems and functions such as torque demand, motor control, warnings/alerts, or similar
- Deep knowledge of automotive systems and hardware development process and the V-Model system development, verification and validation framework
- An intimate knowledge of ISO 26262 and experience developing and delivering the major work products of a functional safety program
- Experience supporting external/third-party reviews of functional safety work products.
- A strong attention to detail and desire to create the very best product
- A collaborative approach to working closely with development teams
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility share between supplier and OEM
- Experience with functional safety tools (e.g. Medini, APIS IQ) and requirements management tools (e.g. Jama)
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills
Great to Have
- Experience with electric propulsion systems, body controls or high voltage systems including relevant controls preferred but not required.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and using related tools
- Appreciation of CMMI and Automotive Spice and their role in delivering a quality product
- Experience developing and delivering embedded system hardware and/or software
- Advanced degrees preferred
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a functional safety engineer or related role
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.