The Senior Foundations Relations Manager will develop and lead strategy for strengthening partnerships with private foundations and securing grants, and will be an active participant in the development department's management team. The position will report directly to the Development Director, and will work closely with the Executive Director, program staff and Board members.
This role will:
- Personally manage engagement with a portfolio of up to 75 active and prospective private foundations. In collaboration with program staff and the Senior Management Team engagement will include: phone/video conversations, in-person visits, and written communications, including letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, and informal updates (created in collaboration with program staff and the Grant Specialist).
- Provide guidance on how to expand the universe of foundations that fund our program, nationally and internationally. A key activity will be preparing briefings for program staff and senior leadership on: (1) emerging giving trends; (2) positioning organizational and key programs to match the giving priorities of foundations; (3) establishing on-going conversations about environmental issues of concern to foundations and to the organization; and, (4) articulating emerging issues and programs and how foundations can partner with our team to build new capacity.
- Directly manage a three person team, including a Senior Foundations Relations Officer responsible for raising funds for the organization., a Senior International Foundations Relations Officer focused on securing support, primarily from private foundations based in the U.S., for key international campaigns, and a Grant Specialist, responsible for grant writing, and financial and deadline tracking. Responsible for assisting them in developing objectives, oversight through weekly check-ins, and quarterly performance reviews. Other supervisory skills include: hiring, feedback, scheduling, orientation and training, termination, payroll, and other administrative tasks.
- Develops strong and productive working relationships with leadership and program staff in order to advance fundraising and programmatic goals.
- Collaborate with the Development Director of Organizational Fund to determine annual income budget goals from foundations for both domestic and international work.
- Responsible for oversight of the Foundations program budget, including tracking income and expenditure disbursement; preparing monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports and financial analyses for senior leadership on progress toward financial goals.
- Working in collaboration with global colleagues, develop and maintain tracking systems in the Moves Management model for international fundraising efforts led by the Organization's U.S. foundations team.
- Assist the Grant Specialist in developing and maintaining tracking systems for ensuring that foundations are regularly updated on organizational activities and achievements. Assist the Senior Stewardship Officer and program staff in developing reports and updates to foundations within the Foundation Relation Manager's portfolio.
- Execute public relations and social media strategies
- Develop marketing and public relations campaigns
- Developing and coordinating public relations and community relations
- Manage all public relations activities
- Manage the public relations budget
- Support public relations and marketing initiatives
- Coordinating special events, media relations, and public and community relations
- Maintaining essential public relations tools
- Implementing proactive media relations outreach, coordinating strategic media relations planning
- Implementing public relations projects and initiatives
- Execute public relations events, campaign events and media opportunities
- Taking responsibility for public relations and media outreach
- Manage public relations coverage monitoring tools
- Analyze public relations activities' effectivenessli
- Implement regional marketing communications and public relations strategies and campaigns
- Assess and track current public relations with chiropractic and public media
- Manage all public relations strategies and activities
- Manage public relations agency relationships and contractors
- Maintain strong relationships with public relations firms
- Assist with management of public relations budget
** We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status **