Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Wireless Advocates is a leading provider of wireless products and services both online and in over 600 retail locations nationwide. Together with the top wireless carriers (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint) and OEM's (Apple, Samsung, LG, Motorola), our expert team of wireless professionals are here to help people connect.
Wireless Advocates operates retail kiosks and online sales activities for our retail partners: Costco Wholesale, Army & Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES), Marine Corps Exchange (MCX), and Navy Exchange (NEX). Wireless Advocates is proud of our relationships with partners in building successful wireless operations within their stores. Our private label sales kiosks integrate effortlessly into retail environments, delivering customers a great experience.
(Please Note: only candidates currently residing in the Seattle area will be considered for this role)
MISSION & SCOPE:
The Senior Financial Analyst's primary focus is to be the lead analyst for a channel of the business. This position will dive deep in labor, margin and expense analysis and assist the Finance Manager, VP Finance and CFO in net margin optimization, analysis and reporting of internal and external financial information, and to prepare forward looking analysis, including budgets, forecasts, and ad hoc projects as required by the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide monthly analysis of business channel/financial statement performance information to include but not limited to:
-Budget v. Actual and Forecast variance analysis for revenue, margin and expense accounts.
-Budget v. Actual and Forecast variance analysis of capital expenditures.
-Prepare and publish forecasts or portions of forecast related to business channel working with Finance Manager.
-Provide insightful variance analysis for the business channel to the Accounting team in conjunction with preparation of the monthly financial statement close and reporting process.
- Work closely with the business to provide deep and insightful root cause analytics on sales, margin, expenses. Drive to what is truly root cause - "peel back the onion."
- Be the subject matter expert in sales performance for the channel, region and by store vs. budget, forecast, prior years and the company's key performance metrics.
- Become proficient in the company's contracts with wireless carriers and margin performance to intimately understand the company's margin and compensation structure.
- Provide insight into margin performance vs. budget, forecast and prior years.
- Analyze margin for potential improvements in conjunction with the company's merchandising team.
- Participate in weekly merchandising net margin review process.
- Review and analyze expense structure and implement company initiatives through standardized and accurate reporting.
- Support the field labor process (a material expense item for the company) in terms of allocating labor hours to be used in scheduling, analyzing utilization of those hours vs. allocated and the productivity of those hours. Work in close conjunction with Sales and Operations related to this.
- Financial modeling of new projects, markets, initiatives, business proposals, contracts and amendments.
- Prepare focus discussion items/analytics for monthly all day senior executive performance vs. budget meeting and weekly financial meetings with same attendees.
- Analyze expenses vs. budget, forecast, prior years and company LRP "shapes."
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the business channel in corporate budgeting and financial processes.
- Prepare quarterly Board of Director packages and monthly reporting packages for the business channel.
- Assist with special projects and additional assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance / Accounting
- MBA is a plus
- 5 years minimum financial analysis experience
- Specific experience to include budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, root cause analytics, margin, labor, expenses..
- Must be proficient in Excel (intermediate - advanced level - pivot tables, nested lookups etc working with large data sets.)
- Curious and see it as your job to dig in and get to the root cause
- Self starter who can work effectively with functions throughout the business - Field, Merch, Ops, Finance, Accounting
- Comfortable in business meetings with senior executives
We've Got You Covered!
At Wireless Advocates, our people are our greatest asset. We are dedicated to providing our employees the tools to succeed in their career, as well as to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We offer the following benefits:
-Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
-Retirement Savings including 401(k) with company match
-Paid Vacation Time
-Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
-Employee Assistance Program 100% company paid
-Life Insurance Policy 100% company paid
-Flexible Spending Accounts
Wireless Advocates is an equal employment opportunity employer. To find out more about us, visit our website at: