Senior Finance Manager, Technology Finance
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate and intellectually curious Senior Finance Manager to support the Technology organization. The Senior Finance Manager, Technology Finance will embrace the roles of Controller, Operator, Challenger and Catalyst while relating with the Technology leaders as their trusted partner. The leader will thrive in an environment where she/he is able to help position Technology leaders with the right financial information to effectively manage and communicate the value of technology.
This role will be part of a team responsible for providing financial leadership and strategic decision support to the Chief Information Officer and team for effective and efficient technology management. The Senior Finance Manager will work closely with Technology leadership and functions across the enterprise to analyze the financial impact of technology consumption trends, generate actionable insights to reduce the total cost of technology ownership and drive actions that result in operational margin improvement.
Primary purpose and responsibilities of the Senior Finance Manager, Technology Finance includes:
- Expense Planning: Work with Tech leaders to develop annual budgets and multi-year outlooks for our License & Maintenance agreements.
- Expense Management: Manage all software and hardware tech spend within budget, working with tech teams to review spend vs. plan and address any issues that are causing expenses to exceed plan.
- Expense Optimization: Work with tech product and operations teams to identify potential optimizations and application rationalization opportunities that will improve cost efficiency, develop plans to implement those optimizations and manage those plans to ensure that the desired business optimizations are delivered to the business on schedule.
- Cloud Optimization: Work with tech teams to optimize our overall cloud spend by identifying mismanaged resources, eliminating waste, increasing reserved instances capacity for higher discounts and right-sizing computing services to scale.
- Contract Renewals: Partner with Enterprise Sourcing, Vendor Management and Tech leaders to establish baselines for existing vendor licensing and maintenance agreements and ensure that the metrics used to evaluate service contracts performance are clearly aligned to expected business outcomes. Provide a clear path of actions needed to execute each renewal and prepare for alternate growth/scaling scenarios.
- Deal Analysis: Lead cross-functional assessments on the financial and business impact of vendor contract renegotiations, and new agreements to drive tech application rationalization, reduce operational complexity and optimize the total cost of ownership.
- Monthly Close Process: Oversee the monthly close activities related to the effective management of licensing and maintenance agreements, including processing of journal entry accruals, providing commentary of actual vs. budget performance, and publishing performance dashboards for review with Tech leadership teams. Facilitate monthly meetings with Accounting to evaluate GAAP treatment of large/enterprise agreements.
Education and Experience Required/Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or CPA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting related role
- Solid financial and analytical skills, ability to communicate across the organization and manage multiple, competing projects and priorities
- Aptitude and inclination to partner with business units that have a relationship orientation and corporate analytical functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to build trust with senior leaders
- Self-driven, people leader who holds self and team to a high standard of quality and commitment to value-add
- Strong financial modeling and Excel skills
- Ability to learn company's in-house financial systems (TM1, PeopleSoft, Apptio)
- Preference toward those candidates who have partnered with Technology in a Finance role or led technology efforts
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow on Twitter.