Walbridge has an opening for a talented Estimator that will lead and develop detailed estimates through proposal submission for Self-Perform Heavy Industrial Process equipment installation. This?position requires an exceptional working relationship with?project stakeholders, attention to detail, desire to learn and improve, and a competitive spirit. The Estimator will be handling multiple bids ranging from $20 K up to $30 M.
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
What we offer you:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
Why choose Walbridge:
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
- Develop a thorough understanding and be familiar with the Corporate Safety Program
- Detailed knowledge and ability to price self-performed rigging, ironwork and millwright work
- Develop scope requirements and have a thorough understanding for "supporting" trades such as boilermaker, steel, concrete, painting, piping, electrical work for inclusion into overall estimate.
- Obtain and compare quotations for materials and sub-contractor services
- Effectively manage tasks and collaborate on "team" estimates
- Identify competitive edge strategies and follow through to project award
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of estimate and proposals
- Develop a project schedule from bid document information
- Be able to communicate your estimate strategy and approach to the team
- Identify and review contractual requirements (Risk Factors, Insurance, Bonding, Penalties, etc.) with supervisors and develop a plan for the project construction that is utilized as the basis of the cost estimating process
- Thorough knowledge of cranes and hoisting equipment.
- Understanding of union trade jurisdictions
- High School Diploma (or equivalent experience and training) with 2 or more years of college preferred.
- 5 or more years successfully estimating in Light/Heavy Industrial equipment installations experience.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of contract structure, business law, insurance and bonding issues
- Solid communicate skills.
- Proficient computer application skills (Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Bluebeam)
- Travel requirement - up to 25%
This position can located in our Detroit, MI or Pittsburgh, PA office.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that promotes diversity in the workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.