Panduit is always looking for talented, motivated people who have the skills needed to provide solutions to our customers. We value team players who in their jobs can help us build a better Panduit and continually deliver value to our global customers.
At Panduit, people connect to create innovative solutions. They not only make an impact on our organization - they impact the world. We're looking for candidates who are curious, insightful, and bring their best selves to work. Join our team as we continue to build a better tomorrow!
The Electrical Engineer primary responsibility is in new product development for Panduit's Industrial Electrical Infrastructure (IEI) Business Unit (BU) initiatives.
The individual will utilize their experience in designing electro-mechanical products to create new products and support existing products. The individual shall be capable of optimizing existing hardware architectures as well as leveraging these architectures and/or creating new architectures to support new initiatives. This person shall also be able to provide expertise in taking the designs from proof of concept through compliance and creating final designs optimized for manufacturability.
This individual needs to be highly driven and a natural collaborator as they will work closely with a diverse team of firmware, software, mechanical and electrical engineers as well as interface with customers and manufacturers. As a self-starter you will enjoy the personal innovation time allotted to you to look for new and innovative ways to solve complex problems in the realms of safety, electro-mechanical control systems, IoT, sensing...The possibilities are vast and the opportunities endless!
What You Will Do
- Design and develop products utilizing circuit design, schematic capture, analysis, and prototyping.
- Implement innovative designs into mass production including design for manufacture, tolerance analysis, component selection. Support production on novel designs that may require special processes, component requirements or other innovative production methods.
- When needed the individual shall be able to Identify and study relevant regulatory and code requirements. As well as guide product development with adherence to those requirements.
- Provide support for new products by assisting in complex customer technical inquiries, addressing quality issues, maintaining regulatory and environmental compliance, and resolving product application issues.
- Develop product documentation including specifications, architecture documents, schematics, BOM, control drawings, analysis and test reports within the procedures and requirements of a formal product development process.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelors in Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5-7 years of hardware development experience
- Digital and analog hardware to support custom control systems that includes sensors, motor drivers, power and control circuitry.
- Schematic capture experience is required (eg, Altium, OrCAD)
- Developing and supporting products with detailed regulatory requirements, including coordination of compliance evaluations and certifications with 3rd party agencies.
- Experience developing products using a formal design process (with agile based components) from initial requirements generation through manufacturing launch.
- Physical circuit board layout experience a plus.
- Mixed signal simulation experience a plus.
- Power and thermal budget calculation experience a plus.
- Electronic instruments (eg) oscilloscope, DMM, logic analyzer, data logger or National Instrument software experience a plus.
- Wired or wireless communication protocol experience a plus.
- Firmware driver experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What We Value
Our Core Values are timeless. They define who we are and what is most important to us. They shape our culture and define the character of our company. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any challenge that lies ahead of us.
- Quality in all we do
- Customers get our best
- Innovation everywhere, everyday
- Our people make the difference
- Integrity always
We thank all those interested in joining the Panduit team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Panduit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Day (United States of America)