Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal - curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Would you like to join us in this mission?
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative leader to join us as a Senior Director of Product Supply Chain, based in our global HQ in Santa Monica and reporting to the Head of Global Supply Chain. The Senior Director is responsible for leading the Product Supply Chain function which oversees the lifecycle management of Kite's Product Supply Chain including supply chain design for new products and therapeutic areas. This includes partnering with Commercial Operations on launch strategy and execution, Clinical Operations trial expansion and execution, representation Supply Chain on the various franchise teams, variation management, jurisdictional control, and clinical and commercial labeling.
The Senior Director, internally known as a Senior Director of Supply Chain, also participates in the Product Supply Chain Management team which orchestrates Supply Chain and Technical Operations readiness across the commercialization process. The leader of this organization will collaborate cross-functionally with Supply Chain peers, Commercial Operations, Clinical Operations, Manufacturing, Quality, Process Development, CMC Regulatory, Business Operations, and IT to ensure successful implementation of Product Supply Chain deliverables for Kite's operations.
Responsibilities of the Senior Director of Product Supply Chain include:
- Supply Chain Operations Team Representation:
- Represent function on various operations team. Ensure product strategy decisions are communicated and align implementation across the various Supply Chain functions. Liaison with Operations Team on implementation strategy and timing. Resolve and/or escalate challenges through the implementation phase.
- Product Strategy:
- Partner with Supply Chain Leadership team to design and implement supply chain strategies, launches, and product variations.
- Project Portfolio Review:
- Partner with Product and Program Teams, Clinical Development, and Commercial Operations to derive key insights on product milestones and decision gates that impact the network supply strategy. Lead a monthly review as part of the S&OP Process.
- Process Design and Supply Capability:
- Design and implement cross-functional phase appropriate business processes and SC capability required by the product as it matures from Phase 1A to Commercial.
- Oversee global labeling for clinical and commercial product.
- Business Systems Requirements:
- Partner with Business Systems Team and IT to define business system requirements to drive innovative use of technology to support remit of the Product Supply Chain scope of responsibilities.
- Cross Functional Collaboration:
- Represent Technical Operations on business case development for geographical expansion, coordination of clinical trial expansion readiness, and implementation of post approval product changes. Represent team on Global Raw Material Council to drive raw material and supplier selection and implementation into manufacturing operations. Represent team on Global Change Control Review Board to review and implement product changes.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Closely partner with Business Operations and Process Development to ensure process alignment and drive product/process improvements to improve reliability, quality, productivity and efficiency. Create an open, inclusive and "speak-up" environment to ensure that the best innovative solutions are identified and implemented.
- Talent Development:
- Closely collaborate with HR to build and develop an inclusive high performing leadership team, develop the next generation of leaders by creating a feedback rich culture, ensuring effective personal development of leaders, and building a strong succession pipeline.
PhD degree with 12+ years' experience managing operations team in the biotechnology or biologics or pharmaceutical industry
MA / MS degree with 12+ years' experience managing operations team in the biotechnology or biologics or pharmaceutical industry
BS / BA degree with 14+ years' experience managing operations team in the biotechnology or biologics or pharmaceutical industry
High School Degree with 20+ years' experience managing operations team in the biotechnology or biologics or pharmaceutical industry
- MBA or MS
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience
- Broad understanding of the business model, science, manufacturing, facilities, engineering, process development, supply chain, regulatory, and information technology expectations for cell therapy
- Strong knowledge of drug development and understanding of product life cycle management from early clinical phases through commercialization
- High level of emotional intelligence, exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to make objective, inclusive, robust and unbiased decisions with imperfect information and ability to embrace other people's point of view - especially if different than one's own
- Cross-functional, corporate and site experience with a focus on bringing diverse perspectives together, sharing best practices, and effectively leveraging resources in an inclusive manner to further Kite's enterprise strategy and achieve Technical Operation's objectives
- Tested ability to lead through change management and building cross-functional commitment, lead, simplify and scale complex dynamic organizations through change
- Ability to build inclusion, empowerment and accountability across teams and functions by being bold in aspiration and agile in execution, caring and making time for people, listening, speaking openly and explaining the "why", trusting in others and oneself to make sound decisions, and owning the impact of one's words and actions
- High energy level with a positive "can do" attitude, with an ability to adapt and think "out of the box" and rapidly turn ideas into action in a nascent, evolving, innovative industry while managing ambiguity with aplomb and calmness
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.