Senior DevOps Engineer
Salary: $135k to $148k plus bonus
Location: Reston, VA
Looking for a candidate with 3 years systems engineering or administration. You will have CI/CD test driven, release management, modern web, SOA microservices cloud Native Jenkins Groovy Terraform CloudFormation AWS Boto3 Docker Kubernetes ECS/EKS Unix Linux Shell Scripting
As part of this engineering practice, you will be specialized in helping our application team to drive efficiency and reliability into their entire development to operations life cycle. You will strategize and implement best practices and solutions for applications utilizing CI/CD and the Cloud and distributed version control development practice. You will assess associated risks and vulnerability on software and tools, monitoring, infrastructure and release automation.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience (required)
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in development methodologies and coding languages (eg Bash, Python)
- 3+ years of experience in systems engineering or administration
- Experience with CI/CD, test-driven development, and release management
- Ability to lead technical teams through the design and implementation of automation
- Deep understanding of modern Web, SOA/Microservice and Cloud Native architecture.
- 2-3 years of experience in creating Pipeline as Code and shared libraries (Jenkins, Groovy)
- 1-2 years of experience in implementing Cloud based DevOps practices and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation, AWS Boto3)
- 1+ years of experience in rolling out container-based solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS/EKS)
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux operating system and proficient in writing Shell Scripts.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Proficiency with relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, AWS DynamoDB)
- Ability to implement engineering best practices and techniques (Trunk Based Development, Test Pyramid, Feature Toggles, Blue-Green Deployment, 12 Factors and others)
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced agile development setup.
- Industry certification is a plus.