Purpose of Job Bank Business Intelligence and Analytics (BBIA) is seeking an Information Solutions Advisor (ISA) to support the Data Experience team's Stewardship function. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical acumen, in-depth understanding of the data development life cycle, passion for data quality, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Information Solutions Advisor will work alongside Information Governance Advisors to obtain an in-depth understanding of Enterprise Information Governance policies and standards, What Great Looks Like, and how Bank can achieve compliance. The ISA will then coordinate with IT partners to define How we execute, translating these standards and policies into clear, actionable guidelines that IT partners can align to during the development process. The ISA will be expected to define the How, document this plan of action in clearly written guidelines/process documentation, and communicate/socialize appropriately with all impacted stakeholders.
Partners with business leaders/champions and solution delivery teams to identify key performance indicators, business requirements and measures to support and deliver the Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy. Helps the business identify critical success factors and drives to the critical business questions that need to be answered in order to achieve the goals and objectives. Serves as a key to the successful deployment and adoption of the Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy with contributions such as helping to define the business problem, the critical questions to be answered, and the needed analytical capabilities / presentation of the relevant data that will drive functional and technical designs and 1-3 year roadmaps for BI solutions.
- Works with information strategy, program management, program owner, and key Stakeholders to understand end state vision, and required components that will enable the needed capabilities for desired end state across people, process, technology and information needs.
- Partners with business, IT and cross functional teams to accomplish program planning and development activities that will include BI design principles for conceptual and physical -data modeling, universe design, and semantic layer modeling; report and dashboard design, development, testing and deployment.
- Provides full life-cycle support and development of BI solutions from the development of the strategy execution plan through go-live support to include cross training and knowledge transfer to other BI Team members and business users.
- Contribute to the development and enhancements of standards and best practices.
- Understands the intersection of strategic needs, current goals and operational performance results to derive key performance indicators (KPIs) that will enable new and actionable insights.
- Collaborates with business leaders, architectural leads and SMEs (, IT, business architects, etc) to build and understand the proposed road maps.
- Focus will be on identifying impacts to business, information and technical capabilities based on desired business needs.
- Partners with Business Sponsor, Stakeholders and SMEs and the Project Team to derive and define business requirements and drive functional and technical designs for Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions (Data Warehouse, ETL, Metadata, Operational/Tactical/Strategic Reporting, and Dashboards).
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Science discipline or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Master's degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline.
- PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline.
- If Bachelor's degree, 6 or more years experience in business analytics or business intelligence experience
- If Master's Degree, 4 or more years experience in business analytics or business intelligence experience.
- If PhD, 3 or more years experience in business analytics or business intelligence experience
- Strong technical writing skills; able to write clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge in Enterprise Governance Standards and Policies.
- Advanced technical acumen; ability to translate Enterprise Governance Standards and Policies into actionable guidelines IT partners can execute to.
- Experience working with or on an IT agile development team; ability to translate where in the agile and development lifecycle governance requirements would best be applied.
- Experience working in cross-team collaboration conducting interviews, researching, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the data development life cycle and information management principles (ETL/ELT process, SDLC, metadata management, data quality, etc.)
- Experience working for a large financial institution
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.