Location: Evansville, IN
Salary Interval: Salary Exempt
ElectriCom, a Utility Construction company, was founded in 1960 in Paoli, Indiana. ElectriCom has experienced continuous growth since its inception. The company takes pride in focusing on family values both in the workplace and with its customer base. ElectriCom seeks employees with the ability and desire to work for a progressive company. ElectriCom offers a competitive package for both wages and benefits. Employees who show quality performance will have the opportunity for advancement and further development of skills.
The Senior Construction Manager position requires skills in both project and people management and a strong interest in joining a successful and growing company. This role provides project oversight for aerial and underground telecommunication construction projects within an assigned area. This position will work to ensure each project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule throughout the project life cycle.
- Single point of contact to manage the deployment, execution and closeout of a variety of fiber optic projects to include fiber to the cell-site (FTTCS), fiber to the building (FTTB), fiber to the home (FTTH), backhaul, backbone, and metro fiber ring build-outs in rural, residential, and metropolitan areas.
- Lead construction team(s) within residential, rural, and metropolitan areas including in-house crews and sub-contractors.
- Manage project budget, scope definition, and project lifecycle with profit and loss responsibilities under Directors direction.
- Manage and track project milestones and timelines. Track, review, and approve in-house and sub-contractor daily production reports, create and manage progressive project documentation.
- Ensure safety and quality policies and expectations are met.
- Managing relationship to coordinate with customers, city officials, jurisdictional authorities, and utility representatives.
- Perform on-site surveys and coordinate field meetings to ensure projects meet the delivery/commitment dates identified.
- Maintain accurate as-builds to ensure all changes in the field are documented.
- Maintain inventory controls to ensure minimum levels are maintained.
- Ability to engage with the customer/client and establish a cohesive relationship.
- Ability to listen to customer's needs and propose solutions to help resolve their issues.
- Be able to communicate internally and externally the technical aspects of the project in a clear and concise way.
- Routine Training as assigned (LMS, OSHA-10 hour, etc.).
- Competitive Benefit Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA) w/ Company Contributions & Match
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company Paid Virtual Doctor Service through Teladoc
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability after 3 years employment
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance & Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Vacation Time/PTO and Paid Holidays
- 3-5+ years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant construction, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience.
- Experience preferred with OSP management, including quoting, construction, and delivery.
- Working knowledge of outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure, engineering design and construction.
- Proficiency with Email, Microsoft Excel and Word, and Google Earth.
- Valid Driver's License as regional travel may be required.
- Advanced knowledge of public right of way and ISP/OSP Fiber Optic Plant deployments to include maintenance of traffic (MOT).
Equal Opportunity Employer
ElectriCom is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).