WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
We are a national leader in Construction Services with staff that support our clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-bid to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas and solutions are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Construction Inspector to join our Inspection Team. The Construction Inspector will provide quality assurance to ensure that the construction performed on the project is per the requirements in the contract. This position typically performs assignments under the general supervision and direction of the Senior Project Engineer and Project Administrator.
- Be responsible for coordination and overseeing the repetitive and routine sampling and testing of component materials for highway and roadway construction projects in accordance with the construction contract documents.
- Provide daily surveillance of the contractor's quality control activities at the project site and maintain a daily log of construction and inspection activities.
- Perform quality assurance to verify actual to contracted service, materials, and construction.
- Provide technical guidance regarding construction matters to project stakeholders.
- Maintain project records.
- Must be able to interpret construction plans, details, standards and specifications.
- Conduct work in a safe manner.
- 10 years of experience in highway and bridge construction inspection. Project experience includes earthwork, asphalt paving, concrete paving, storm drain systems, retaining walls, traffic control, SW3P, and other items related to highway/bridge construction.
- High School diploma.
- Organized, determined, and resourceful; demonstrate a sense of urgency while accurately and safely performing the work, and be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervisory experience
- Valid Florida driver's license and pass an annual motor vehicle record check.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel. Be able to enter data rapidly and accurately, as well as the ability to operate tools and equipment.
- FDOT highway/bridge construction experience and inspection certifications preferred.
- Experience with Site Manager record keeping preferred.
- FDOT Maintenance and Traffic Certification
- FDOT Final Estimates preferred
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.