A well established company in the Des Moines area, is looking to add a Senior Civil Engineer to their team. Recognized as a leader in providing services in land development and land surveying, they offer engineering and surveying solutions to both private and public clients. Ensuring dedication to their long-standing relationships as they continue to gain new clients.
Senior Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- The Senior Civil Engineer II-IV performs engineering calculations, prepare drainage studies or other needed reports, drafting using AutoCAD and respond to the wishes of our clients and the revisions from the various municipalities that review our work.
- Interact with the employees in our surveying department and our CAD drafters to resolve issues and solve problems during the course of completing a job.
- Disciplines include but are not limited to: Hydrology, geometric design of pavements, underground and above ground utilities, AUTOCAD Civil3D drafting (including 3D surface drafting), specifications and shop drawing review, and project management (includes client relations/contracting and internal accounting)
Senior Civil Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Civil Engineering
- Minimum licensure requirement for this position would be an Engineer Intern (E.I.T.) certificate along with Professional Engineer (P.E.) in any State.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Special skills include proficiency in AutoCAD 2021 and the ability to adapt to new changes in that drafting platform as various updates are released, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Must have experience in preparation of civil and site design in an urban or rural environment.
- Firsthand experience in developing and implementing a robust Project Specific Design Criteria for major civil/site projects including effectively communicating the criteria to the project team and monitoring its compliance through the QC program.
- Experience with Municipalities approval process; including City Staff Review, Planning & Zoning Commissions, City Councils, IDOT, IDNR, and County Supervisory Boards etc..
- The ability to continuously grow and expand knowledge and understanding of the Civil Engineering business is essential to the job as standards, drafting programs, and construction methods and materials also change frequently.
- Ability to identify industry trends and determine where company capabilities can be marketed to existing and potential clients.
If you are qualified and interested in this Senior Civil Engineer opportunity call Jeremy at or apply below.