RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define implement and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Business Systems Analyst with Asset Management Industry Experience.
Responsible for leading the technical work-around systems architecture on a day-to-day basis and will be responsible for supporting the front office (includes both public and private markets) functionality. This includes assigning tasks, overseeing processes, and directing the work of other Business Systems Analysts that design systems they utilize. Responsible for leading the construction and maintenance of the processes utilized by the Business Systems Analysts and consultants. Requires deep investment industry knowledge allowing the incumbent to effectively analyze, design, model/prototype, test, and guide the implementation of systems utilized. The role leads the development of the Business Systems Analyst activities and controls including partnering with Operations and other parts of Technology to ensure that systems are appropriately designed to meet business needs and be effectively supported over time. This role both provides technical guidance and directs others to provide technical guidance for those items that have been developed by the team.
- Work with Technology Owners, Business Owners, and Operations to research and implement new front office solutions and identify the support needs of those solutions.
- Interface with Investment Management, Operations, and Technology resources internal and external to ensure business needs are continuously being met in a proactive fashion.
- Partner with Business Analysts to perform functional testing of enhancements/changes to systems to validate technical functionality.
- Identify gaps in front office systems architecture and design. Make recommendations to business and Technology management about the best way to address these gaps.
- Serve as the architect/designer for the front office systems including being an advisor to the business on technology related issues.
- Lead the effort to design front office based solutions including building technical specifications and source-to-target mapping documents based on business requirements to be utilized by other technology staff to build/configure systems.
- Provide input in assisting to build, evolve, and refine the framework from which to standardize the Business Systems Analyst practice.
- Participate in building business case justifications to support the pursuit of systems designed to meet the needs of client.
- Lead, facilitate, and coordinate solutions architecture and design meetings.
- Continue to mature and evolve knowledge of investment and asset management business practices, both from a textbook and a practical perspective.
- Understand general and investment industry specific technology trends and forecast future technology shifts.
- Research new investment management technologies to help drive business capabilities forward and maintain a high degree of awareness of common industry specific trends, products, vendors and services.
- Work with Technology, Operations, and other management to provide data on the value of technology to stakeholders, annual budgets and forecasts.
- Work with Technology management to monitor the general health of the application and services portfolio.
- Take a lead role coordinating activities with systems analysts and developers as they build out the solutions. Provide assistance, facilitate discussions, work through issues, provide guidance, and ensure business needs are continuously being met.
- Bachelor's Degree required with a preference focus within Information Systems or Finance
- 7 plus years of investment management industry experience.
- Knowledge of systems from vendors such as FactSet, Bloomberg, BlackRock Aladdin, Charles River, RiskMetrics or equivalents with a focus on the use of such systems from a public markets perspective (private markets experience would be preferred as well).
- Substantial knowledge of investment industry operational and functional capabilities.
- Substantial knowledge of investment industry strategies, processes and technologies.
- Ability to objectively influence successful outcomes and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to document and communicate technical knowledge effectively.
- Detailed familiarity with common investment practices and securities.
- Ability to design technology solutions to solve business problems.
RCMTechnologies, (USA) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. RCMT encourages applicants of all ages.