The Business Analyst will be responsible for performing the full range of traditional Business Analysis activities typically focused upon requirements development and business process documentation.
The Business Analysts will work directly with the Requirements Management Division (IR) staff and NARA stakeholders to document business and/or stakeholder requirements, and to create other Business Analysis work products (such as process flow diagrams) as needed. In addition, the Business Analysts may be required to use a Requirements Management System to document and maintain requirements.
For projects that utilize a traditional methodology, the Business Analysts may be asked to provide oversight when a contractor is responsible for developing Business Analysis work products for a project. In addition to traditional Business Analysis activities / work products and project oversight as described above, the Business Analysts may be required to support projects that utilize an Agile methodology. Typically, the Agile Scrum methodology or a similar methodology will be utilized, and the Business Analysts would participate in the development and management of user stories and in the Agile Scrum ceremonies; the Business Analysts may also be required to represent the Product Owner to communicate requirements to the developers. For Agile projects, the Business Analysts are expected to work directly with IR, Product Owners, development teams and other personnel associated with the project. In addition, the Business Analysts may be required to use an Agile project management tool to document and maintain user stories and for other related purposes.
Candidate may temporarily work remotely due to Covid-19.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related analytical, scientific or technical discipline and eight (8) years or more experience; Masters and six (6) years or more experience
- Experience should be relevant hands-on experience preferred in a predominantly Business Analyst (BA) role on one or more projects that utilized traditional requirements (i.e., "shall" statements) at business and stakeholder levels.
- Four (4) years or more hands-on experience facilitating requirements elicitation / discovery and review sessions with business stakeholders.
- Over three (3) years or more hands-on experience in a predominantly BA role on one or more projects that followed the Agile Scrum framework.
- Two (2) years or more hands-on experience documenting business processes based upon elicitation / discovery with business stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience developing Software Requirement Specifications
- Participate, advise, contribute, preparing and/or presenting briefings to government stakeholders
- Experience conducting and documenting Fit-Gap Analyses for IT solutions.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical / critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create clarity and work effectively in an ambiguous or changing environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to maintain communications and positive relationships with diverse stakeholders, including in a virtual setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office and suite including MS Visio
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good analytical, personal organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Previous Federal Government experience a plus.
- Candidate must pass Minimum Background Investigation (MBI).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.