At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
We are seeking a skilled Senior Automation Engineer to join the Automation and Data Engineering team. Our team is responsible for developing novel automated systems to streamline the execution of assays in development and commercial settings. We strive to develop reliable, repeatable, and robust systems that have a significant impact on quality outputs. A successful candidate will be responsible for design, implementation, qualification, and continuous improvement of systems which automate unique biochemical and cell-based assays. The ability to work independently as an automation expert while partnering with assay developers and our internal development team is critical to the role. An ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with a diverse set of automation equipment and software packages. The candidate will work at either our Seattle, WA or Warren, NJ sites.
- Experience programming/scripting liquid handling systems
- Experience implementing automated assays
- Experience integrating hardware from multiple vendors to create an automation system
- Experience qualifying and providing long-term improvements for automated systems
- Experience contributing in cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years in laboratory automation
- An advanced degree in biology or chemistry
- Experience deploying automation in GxP environments
- Experience programing in object-oriented languages
- Experience with life cycle management
- Experience working with cells and cell cultures
- Experience with flow cytometry or ELISA type assays
- Experience with internal software teams
- Experience with 3D CAD and/or manufacturing
- Experience with automated vision systems
- Experience communicating/managing multiple vendors
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: biological engineer, biology, biomaterials, bioprocess, bioprocessing, fermentation, molecular, msat, nutrition, pathogenesis