Senior Associate, Computational Biology
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our client is pioneering the development of a new class of cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes to debilitating diseases. Their programs apply their patented and novel technology to control the expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
Primary Job Responsibility:
- The successful candidate will contribute to the execution and maintenance of data analysis pipelines to support research programs and the Discovery team's functional screening platform
- Be highly-collaborative with other multi-disciplinary scientists, providing critical analytical support to help advance the Discovery team's target identification, lead optimization, and platform development
- Manage the execution of analyses for routine screening assays that use sequencing data by running, maintaining, and updating analytical pipelines
- Ensure data and analysis quality using quality-control measures along with data management practices
- Effectively communicate analysis results and interpretations with key stakeholders using high-quality reports in a timely manner
Primary Job Requirements:
- MS degree in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with commonly used programming languages for bioinformatics analysis, such as Python, R, and shell scripting
- Exposure to standard NGS data analysis tools and pipelines (QC, alignment, secondary data analysis, enrichment analysis)
- Experience with Unix-based systems, source version control (e.g. Git) and cloud computing environments and tools (e.g. AWS, Azure, docker)
- Experience in cancer genomic data analysis along with familiarity of public databases (e.g., Ensembl, Hapmap, UCSC), tools (e.g., cBioPortal), and resources (e.g., CCLE, TCGA)
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice