We are a rental housing company dedicated to providing an exceptional rental experience to every resident who makes one of our houses or apartments their home. We believe that quality rental housing can unlock life's potential, and this drives our thinking and our actions every day.
Founded in 1988 and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TCN), Tricon owns over 30,000 single-family and multi-family rental homes across the United States and Canada, which we manage using an integrated technology-enabled operating platform. We are headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and have significant operations in Orange County, California, as well as approximately 20 other markets with a primary focus in the U.S. Sun Belt.
We strive to be North America's premier rental housing company. Our business philosophy involves taking care of our team first - empowering them to provide our residents with exceptional service and to positively impact the local communities where we operate. By providing an enhanced living experience, our residents rent for longer periods of time, treat our properties like their own, and share their experience with friends and family. This is how we continue to grow, and it is an approach that has proven to generate positive returns for our investors and shareholders.
The Senior Associate, Acquisitions will serve as the lead on new property acquisitions and will assist with dispositions. The primary responsibilities of this position are to source, underwrite and coordinate due diligence activities in both new and existing markets. This position requires one who is analytical and has a strong attention to detail.
- Analyze homes, within established guideline, to determine if they are suitable investment properties
- High Level research various aspects of potential investments such as taxes, insurance, HOA fees, school districts and average household income
- Research MLS, Zillow, and other real estate sites to provide comps in specific markets
- Provide underwriting of properties from start to finish
- Understand and apply general real estate principles and basic market interpretations through the review of property reports and audits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrates logical and systematic thinking skills
- Have strong listening skills with ability to collect and verify detailed information
- Be comfortable learning new software and systems
- Knowledge of Yardi preferred
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- BA Required
- 3-5 years of residential real estate experience preferred
- Prior Single-Family Residential acquisitions experience
- Prior Property Management experience is a plus