Penske's Senior Real Estate Contract Analyst will provide day-to-day analytical and property management support required for the acquisition, divestiture, and retained properties in Penske's portfolio of nearly 900 owned and leased properties. This position will provide support to Real Estate Managers by drafting and revising real estate legal contracts (purchase and sale contracts, lease agreements, amendments, estoppel certificates, subordination agreements, easements), closing documents and deeds, and correspondence.
- Assist in monthly rent payment process. Respond to inquiries from District/Area/Region Finance Managers on rent payment questions and reconciliation, including creating excel spreadsheets of rent payments.
- Assist Real Estate Managers with lease renewal process by monitoring lease renewal expiration dates and notice requirements. Prepare and maintain lease renewal report for use/ review by the Real Estate Managers and Vice President of Real Estate.
- Perform due diligence research for the purchase and sale of properties, including review of title commitment and resolution of title issues. Prepare title objection letters. Perform research of real estate taxes, property liens, UCC-1 filings, etc. Manage closing process including review of closing statement, arrange for document execution and wiring/confirmation of funding. Maintain critical date sheets for pending transactions and maintain closing calendar.
- Prepare monthly pipeline report for senior management with projections for dispositions and acquisitions.
- Update Real Estate database for owned and leased properties, including purchases/sales; lease renewals, expirations, terminations; landlord information; property information; etc. Validate accuracy of lease abstracts performed by third party provider. Distribute notifications to internal departments for new leased and owned properties, lease expirations, property dispositions and changes.
- Serve as first point of contact for inquiries from landlords and tenants for property maintenance issues, rent issues and insurance certificate requirements. Assist the Real Estate Managers in resolving issues.
- Research and pay real estate expenses with proper general ledger coding. Answer inquiries from Corporate Finance regarding expenses.
- Prepare and distribute various monthly, quarterly and ad hoc Real Estate reports including, but not limited to, lease renewal report, lease termination report, purchase option report, right of first refusal report, YTD location openings and closings, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- BS/BA preferred
- 5 or more years of demonstrated experience
- Real Estate, Accounting or Paralegal experience preferred
- Proven experience working with Real Estate documents (leases, purchase and sale agreements, Amendments, Easements, Title Policies and Deeds)
- Proficiency in MS Office, with expertise in Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- TRIRIGA experience a plus, but not required
- Project Management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong information organizational skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit to learn more.