Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Responsible for working directly with business partners, business analysts, and other developers in creating scalable solutions which effectively and efficiently satisfy the business decision making needs.
Responsible for the design, development, maintenance and distribution of our internal analytics applications to provide reliable data faster to support decision making. The Data and Advanced Analytics Analyst will be assigned to multiple projects which will be spread across several departments in all three divisions of DSI - Daiichi Sankyo Pharma Development (DSPD) Division, the U.S. Commercial Division (USCD) and the Daiichi Sankyo U.S. Business (DSUSB).
Look at problems in unique ways, help teams to use data to improve decision making, build innovative custom solutions, and act as a liaison between IT and end users. The position requires a solid understanding of the drivers of the business and the ability to translate these into meaningful analytical tools to support their analytical needs.
Design and develop data and advanced analytics environments that support DSI's functional reporting solutions. Build business intelligence, machine learning and artificial intelligence Design business intelligence capabilities and best practices that are complete and actionable, including performing information analysis in support of designing solutions. Make design recommendations of how to visualize key metrics and performance indicators like ROI, valuation, opportunity, turnover and access.
Contribute to the development, testing, and integration of reporting and analysis solutions. Successfully rollout newly developed capabilities from start to finish. Support end-users through informal hands-on usage training and educate users on best practices and business intelligence solutions.
Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their needs for data and advanced analytics environments. Partner with IT stakeholders and vendors for the support of business objectives.
Provide ongoing support services and expert knowledge regarding data integration, business intelligence, machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions and platforms. Responsible for the integrity and quality of data and information stored and flowing between business applications, data warehouse, integration hubs and business intelligence applications. Administer and maintain the technology platforms including but not limited to Informatica Cloud, Azure Data Factory and PowerBI
Demonstrates high level proficiency for emerging Business Intelligence, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technology, aligning with toolset future roadmaps, keeps informed of latest trends and developments in technologies.
Perform additional duties and projects as required by the manager.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or business related discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus but not required.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in application development, Business intelligence, Data integration, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and advanced analytics with emphasis on Microsoft Azure suite (examples are PowerBI, Azure Data Factory, Azure Machine Learning Studio, R and Python) or commensurate education/experience.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with enterprise data warehouse solutions including integration of complex data sources for the deployment of decision support systems required.
- 5+ years experience with an ETL tool, Informatica preferred.
- 5+ years experience developing and administering dashboards (for example PowerBI, Tableau, or a similar tool) preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Data Analysis, Database Design and Data Architecture; strong SQL skills preferred.
- 1+ years experience with cloud based tools preferred.
- 1+ years experience with R, Python or Machine Learning preferred.
- Experience with commercial pharmaceutical / business information (SHS, Veeva CRM, Veeva Network, etc.), supply chain, finance and HR is required.
- Has directly worked with analysts and decision makers in support of decision needs. Experience developing proof of concept prototypes, presenting, advising, and assisting with a wide variety of projects. Ability to prioritize and work multiple assignments, tight deadlines and working well under pressure.
Senior Analyst, Data and Advanced Analytics