Job Title: Senior Accountant - Property Development Days Off: Saturday & Sunday Pay Range: $69,958 - $79,152 annually Location: Downtown/Pioneer Square Shift: Office Day Insurance Benefits: Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage), Dental, Life, Long-term Disability Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan DESC (Downtown Emergency Service Center) is a nonprofit organization working to end the homelessness of vulnerable people, particularly those living with serious mental or addictive illnesses. Through partnerships and an integrated array of comprehensive services, treatment and housing, DESC gives people the opportunity to reach their highest potential. JOB DEFINITION: The Senior Accountant - Property Development works closely with the Controller, CFO and other accounting staff to maintain accurate and complete financial records for the agency. This position has primary responsibility for real estate development accounting for construction and rehabilitation projects funded primarily with Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) and other public funding. The role requires developing and maintaining a deep understanding of capital funding streams and ongoing audit and reporting requirements for LIHTC properties. PLEASE INCLUDE AN UPDATED RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or business administration.
- Four or more years of job experience in accounting and financial management.
- Two or more years of job experience in real estate development accounting.
- Significant experience with Excel.
- Experience performing reconciliations, including resolving discrepancies.
- Careful attention to detail, and ability to work independently with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Affordable housing background, specifically low income housing tax credits.
- Audit experience
- Abila MIP accounting system experience
- Two or more years of job experience in a nonprofit