With safety top of mind as we care for our employees and partners on our projects due to COVID-19, you may experience a delay in response to a position applied to or a request to interview. Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this challenging time. Please stay safe and we look forward to engaging with you soon.
Position Description: Provide overall leadership of Self-Perform Operations (SPO) and hourly trade staff. Develop and promote operational excellence while supporting projects and clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage Self-Perform Operations (SPO) unit and staff.
- Promote complete integration of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Building L.I.F.E. principles within SPO unit to strive for zero incidents amongst SPO and all staff.
- Develop SPO business plan and contingency plan in coordination with overall business unit (BU) plan and strategy.
- Apply business plan to develop and implement annual Profit Plan in alignment with General Manager (GM) and establish evaluation process to achieve stated goals.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics, and compliance requirements throughout SPO BU and associated projects.
- Create internal network to maximize opportunities for SPO to service BU prime projects and clients.
- Bridge SPO and BU Preconstruction departments to maximize opportunities for SPO to service prime projects and contribute trade expertise for BU.
- Promote philosophy of 'One Turner' to communicate, collaborate, and support BU, clients, and company objectives.
- Collaborate with BU to share and contribute SPO information through newsletters, good news, and employee spotlights.
- Together with HR, lead strategy for progression and succession of SPO staff.
- Produce and communicate performance evaluations and career development strategies for SPO staff.
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee, and pricing decisions. Provide recommendations and collaborate with GM to support final decisions.
- Drive operational excellence to ensure success within each SPO opportunity.
- Establish and maintain procedures to protect financial assets in collaboration with overall BU. Oversee and approval of all financial reports, compliance with company policy and timely reporting of known risks.
- Establish and maintain procedures to protect physical assets within SPO BU. Guide capital asset processes and procedures for procuring and liquidating physical assets and ensure ethical standards with management of physical assets.
- Plan, forecast, and manage G&A for SPO business unit.
- Participate in community and professional organizations with assistance and involvement by business unit senior staff.
- Implement Turner Tools and Process in SPO BU (e.g. SAP, T4, Profit Plan, Lean, and BIM).
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited and credentialed degree program and 10 years of Building Construction experience or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Thorough understanding of Commercial Construction industry and participating markets
- In-depth knowledge of Self-Perform Operations (SPO) unit specific scopes of work and trades
- Drive to learn, take on additional responsibilities, and build teams
- Leadership and ability to establish and execute course or plan
- Management experience
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Active participation in construction industry professional organizations
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside wear conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor