Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space Systems. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
The Systems Engineering Center (SEC) is seeking strong, technically sound engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex remote sensing applications. The successful candidate will be a member of the Space Systems team and will provide engineering guidance for the EO/IR Payload Integration tasks. This position may include assignments in the areas of system verification and validation.
The SEC EO/IR Payload Test Director will:
* Plan, coordinate, and communicate with the cross-functional team responsible for delivering an EO/IR earth imaging system, subsystems, products and services as directed by the Program Manager.
* Ensure the team's objectives are achieved on schedule, and consistent with quality and technical standards while meeting the program cost targets. Foster culture in-line with high performance and cohesive teams necessary to meet these targets.
* Share oversight of execution on all aspects of the integration and test of the SEC IPT space work products.
* Work alongside the Chief Engineer and IPTL to manage the SEC team.
* Have extensive knowledge of EO/IR systems, integration and test planning and experience to achieve the technical performance and objectives of the program.
* Minimum of 10 years of systems engineering experience
* At least 5 years of Technical experience in EO/IR
* Proven track record of experience conducting the integration and testing of EO/IR payloads
* Experience working in a laboratory performing hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities
* Experience in generating Planning packages, Requirements Verification Plans, Test Plans, Test Requirements Documents and Test Procedures
* Experience in Environmental Test Planning, test methods and practices
* Experience in the support of preparing management level briefings and summary explanations
* Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication capability, and ability to work in an integrated product team environment
* Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
* Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team
* Active Secret Clearance
* Experience working space hardware and/or bus systems engineering
* Experience supporting/sharing engineering leadership responsibilities
* Experience in proposal development including Basis of Estimates
* Experience in Operations and Factory environments including: procedure development, test, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment
* Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices
* Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience
* Experience developing and operating MSTE, ESTE, and OSTE
* Experience with electrical design integration - interpreting signal lists, Electrical Interconnect Diagrams (EICDs), and intra and inter box knowledge
* Experience in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles)
* Understanding of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) computer architecture, interconnect/interfaces, and standard communication protocols
* Experience developing embedded software or firmware
* Proficient in Matlab, C++, Python, LabVIEW or related programming languages
* Proficient with standard industry tools like DOORS, Visio, Mentor Graphics, AutoCAD and/or Test Stand
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) with 10+ years prior relevant experience. Master's degree in related STEM field preferred.
U.S. Citizenship Status is requires as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.