We are seeking a Ph.D. scientist to join the Antibody Engineering group in Bispecific Antibodies Department at Regeneron. The successful candidate will lead the effort to develop novel protein and antibody based molecules across multiple therapeutic areas such as oncology, auto-immune disease, infectious disease, muscle/metabolism and neurosciences in our state-of-the-art research facility. This unique opportunity is propelled by our leading target discovery engine and efficient antibody discovery platform - Regeneron Genetics Center, Velocigene and Velocimouse. This highly visible role will require the candidate to collaborate in a science-driven and multidisciplinary team.
As Scientist, Protein and Antibody Engineering Lead, a typical day may include the following:
- Design of novel protein, bispecific and multi-specific antibodies with a focus in immunology, inflammation, and oncology
- Utilize computational structural modeling and analysis tools for rational design
- Construct, purify and characterize novel therapeutic modalities
- Develop and perform in vitro assays to analyze the function, stability and mechanism of action of novel therapeutic molecules
- Independently analyze data and provide accurate presentations to leadership at cross-functional meetings with scientific rigor
- Develop in-depth scientific knowledge in area of research focus, propose new ideas and contribute to innovation in technology development projects
- Collaborate and develop close scientific partnership with other functional areas
- Co-champion the project with biology lead from concept to IND
This role may be for you if:
- You possess in-depth structural biology knowledge and protein engineering skills
- You have demonstrated track of record for innovative solution to challenges
- You have excellent organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills
- You can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- You have demonstrated ability to independently design, execute and troubleshoot experiments as well as you are result-driven and a quick learner
To be considered for this role, you must have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Immunology, Cell Biology or Molecular Biology with 3-5 years post-doctoral or industry experience. We are seeking demonstrated experience in antibody/protein engineering and structural biology with a proven track of publication record. Strong hands-on skills with DNA cloning, protein expression, purification and biochemical characterization. We are looking for experience with mammalian cell culture, cell-based assay development and FACS analysis. Possess in-depth knowledge in immunology and immuno-oncology. Familiarity with structure modeling and analysis. The following skills are preferred, but we would be willing to train on the job. These include flow cytometry based cell assays and methods for non-protein-based delivery (such as DNA, AAV and/or mRNA).
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.