This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the facility's equipment according to safety, maintenance systems and processes. Responsible for maintaining the grounds surrounding the facility.
* Perform grounds keeping and building maintenance duties to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment.
* Trim and edge around the walks and walls, including removing weeds.
* Keep outside grounds and facility free of pests and maintain outside walkways.
* Perform routine maintenance duties such as applying plaster, plumbing, assembling furniture, etc.
* Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment.
* Install lighting, hanging doors, pictures, etc.
* Maintain inventory and submits written requests for supplies and equipment.
* Maintain clean washrooms.
* Communicate maintenance concerns to management.
* Operates power equipment such as a pneumatic lift, pressure washer, hand and power tools.
*Qualifications and Education Requirements*
* Preferred Experience: Custodial experience. Custodial and building maintenance in a dispensary setting preferred. Background in construction trades preferred.
* Education: High School Diploma
Ability to perform multiple tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Adherence to safety practices when handling hazardous materials and operating equipment. Problem solving, with the ability to adapt to changing work priorities.
*Physical Demands: *
Ability to sit, bend and stand, climbing as necessary. Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather. Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 lbs consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
_Equal Opportunity Employer. The employer is party to a collective bargaining agreement with the UFCW labor union. Although this position is not part of the collective bargaining unit, full-time employees are offered UFCW medical, dental, and prescription benefits coverage and other benefits, including paid time off._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* One location
This Job Is:
* A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
* Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
* Waiting period may apply
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place