6123 Cunningham Rd Houston Texas 77041
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
- Represents the company with all customers within the assigned territory.
- Actively manage a sales team of 1-2 Sales Representatives
- Continuously work with the GM/RM on monthly and yearly sales strategy to become an industry leader in the Houston market.
- Strive to achieve monthly and yearly sales targets to AOP
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Makes customer development calls; customer follow-up calls, new customer calls, service calls and customer relations calls.
- Acts as liaison between customers and production and shipping departments.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
- May estimate date of delivery to customer or job site based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Writes customer orders and communicates customer needs with production control staff.
- Assists in developing sales forecast, market area potential, and annual sales planning.
- May call on engineering and architectural firms to present galvanizing and coatings services.
- Watches competitive sales and marketing efforts and keeps management informed.
- Maintains up-to-date customer information and records.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Participate in American Galvanizing Association (AGA) and in-house training to gain a thorough understanding and knowledge of the industry standards to include but not limited to ASTM standards/specifications.
- Assist customers and specifiers in the design of products to be galvanized in accordance with industry standards.
- Works with customers in resolving perceived problems regarding the coating, and with actual defects that need remediation by the Company. If there is a coating defect, negotiating with the customer the method and cost of repair. Many times this involves either visiting a job site or a customer location.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, blueprints or engineering drawings. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. The employee is required to drive an automobile in the course of performing his/her job.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years related Outside Sales Representative experience in manufacturing sales or industrial business-to-business sales; or equivalent combination of the aforementioned education and experience.
- Valid Department of Motor Vehicles License with satisfactory driving record, as determined by Company management.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Business
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
The position is housed at the Valmont United Houston facility. The work environment characteristics are manufacturing areas, automobile, outdoor field and parking lot terrain, extreme traffic conditions and occasionally an office environment which are all representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, winter cold, and summer heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .