To solicit and confirm profitable business for the Hilton Raleigh North Hills in assigned market areas while ensuring that groups receive excellent service resulting in repeat business and referrals.
- Solicit new business in market area through our account base, the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitor's Bureau, Hilton leads, trade shows, publications and contacts generated through various sources. Confirm all business generated.
- Team up with fellow Sales and Catering Managers to conduct outside sales calls. Turn over leads received outside of your market to the appropriate Sales or Catering Manager.
- Continuously evaluate existing business to secure profitable repeat bookings.
- Respond to all inquiries or Hilton leads within 4 business hours. Follow up within 24 hours after proposal is generated. Create traces in Delphi for follow up calls.
- Meet or exceed personal revenue goals and ADR goals monthly and annually.
- Meet or exceed personal solicitation and maintenance contact goals weekly. Track all contact activities in Delphi.
- Maintain accurate account information on assigned market segment.
- Correspond with clients in a timely and professional manner. Create accurate, detailed contracts and review them with clients to serve as written confirmation for clients and information for in-house operations. Ensure that any changes made to contracts are in writing and signed by the client and hotel management.
- Always keep in mind the total profitability of hotel and evaluate all business in terms of revenue generated. Always consider the displacement cost of a piece of business.
- Maintain an on-going relationship with clients from the solicitation stage to the post event follow-up. Introduce contacts to our key operational staff. When in-house, check with clients daily.
- Follow all Sales and Catering policies and procedures. These include:
- Follow set guidelines for length of time to hold tentative and prospective business
- Obtain signed contracts and addendums to contracts
- Generate contracts in a timely fashion so as to meet all required deadlines
- Work with your assigned Convention Services partner to ensure the client is aware of group pickup and upcoming cut off dates
- Establish appropriate credit procedures at time of original booking and follow-up to ensure the information is received and submitted to accounting. Coordinate follow-up on any client billing concerns with Convention Services partner, accounting and client as needed
- Follow up with clients upon completion of their functions to gauge satisfaction, address concerns, solicit future business and solidify the relationship.
- Conduct site tours for prospective clients. Work with Operations departments to ensure that guest rooms and meeting space are suitable and ready for site tours. Work with the Executive Chef and Banquet Team to ensure that taste testing appointments are successful and present our food and services in the best possible light.
- Utilize budgeted funds to entertain clients and purchase items such as client appreciation or solicitation gifts. Follow set procedures for check requests and purchase orders.
- Prepare and send requested proposals and contracts to designated potential clients.
- Coordinate and ensure accuracy of all details to appear on each Banquet Event Order.
- Coordinate all details pertaining to group room block working with Reservation Supervisor.
- Detail all Catering business personally booked and remain in contact with meeting planners throughout the sales and detailing process. Ask all appropriate questions and create BEOs within Company policies and standards, including all necessary details needed to host a successful function. If necessary for the group, create and distribute Resumes at least 10 days prior to function start date. Schedule and organize pre-convention meetings if necessary for the group.
- Prepare a personal action calendar annually. Work the action calendar throughout the year to achieve all goals outlined.
- Completion of Quarterly 30-60-90 Day Action Plans.
- Stay aware of industry trends by reviewing trade publications, shopping local competitors and attending networking functions.
- Familiarize yourself with all Hilton marketing programs. Promote Hilton and Pyramid Hotel Group programs whenever appropriate.
- Attend hotel meetings to include the weekly staff meeting, weekly departmental meetings and assigned preconvention meetings.
- Participate in Saturday coverage.
- Promote teamwork and remain flexible in the work environment. Assist Team Members whenever necessary. Promote a positive work environment where everyone's ideas are valued and considered.
- Maintain a positive image on behalf of the hotel while at work and in the Community. Follow all Pyramid Hotel Group / Hilton Raleigh North Hills policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Bachelor's Degree in hospitality, marketing or management field and minimum of two years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional sales skills.
- Ability to manage accounts.
- Ability to coordinate with other managers across functional areas.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Computer proficiency to include email, Internet, word processing and Delphi.