SAFETY OFFICER - CONSTRUCTION - SITE SAFETY & HEALTH OFFICER - IMMEDIATE FULL-TIME OPENING
Immediate Full time opening for a Site-Specific Full-time Safety Officer on a new high profile long-term project based at the Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington VA. This position requires experience as a seasoned Safety Professional, as set forth in detail below.
Individual must possess strong safety background, with Safety oversight for all phases of general building and site construction with background in government or large projects in excess of $5 million dollars. Competitive Salary and Comprehensive Benefits Package. For immediate consideration, apply in confidence with your detailed resume.
COORDINATE DIRECTLY WITH THE ON-SITE PROJECT MANAGER/SUPERINTENDENT TO ACHIEVE THE FOLLOWING PROJECT FUNCTIONS AND GOALS:
Essential Functions for Safety Officer - Interpret and apply requirements of both the OSH 1926 Construction Standard and USACE EM 385-1-1 Applicable to this contract and work scope.
Must hold a minimum 40-hour EM385 training with 8-hour annual upgrade and a minimum OSHA 30 hour for construction taken within the past 3 years.
- Provide ongoing communication for the training and enforcement of the Site-Specific Safety Plan that incorporates all areas of safety including General Safety, MSDS, Substance Free Program, Motor Vehicle Safety and all other Site Specific and Corporate Plans riding side by side, understanding that the more stringent requirements will prevail.
- Identify potential issues and make recommendation for safety improvements.
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis to identify and mitigate hazards and potential risks/
- Complete workplace safety audits and ensure remedial action where necessary.
- Ensure proper document record keeping.
- Implement and enforce accident prevention plans and activity hazard analysis and ensure full contractor and subcontractor compliance with all safety and health requirements.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs on the site, coordinating daily and weekly look ahead, ensuring work is accomplished safely and that occupational health if not compromised.
- Cooperate with the on-site safety officers of the client.
- Document inspections, recognized hazards, and recommend corrective actions, in narrative, with sketches and with photography as appropriate.
- Maintain the list of hazardous chemicals on site, and their Material Safety Data Sheets on record for contractor and subcontractors.
- Develop and implement Site-Specific Safety Program plans to include emergency actions, response, evacuation, and security plans.
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections, mishaps, near-miss investigations.
- Take immediate action to remediate any safety issues or concerns communicated by the US Army Corps of Engineers AND communicate corrective plan to the Corps of Engineers.
- Attend all company staff meetings as scheduled.
- Communicate and meet with the Home Office Safety Department providing project records and weekly safety meeting information, as required. Communicate all onsite accidents and incidents to the Home Office Safety Department.
Refer to USACE EM 385 1-1, LATEST EDITION FOR EXPLICIT ADDITIONAL DETAIL.
At a minimum:
Must be experienced with construction process for new construction and renovations on large commercial or government contracts, with USACE managed projects highly desired. Your experience on USACE PROJECTS IS A HIRING ADVANTAGE.
- USACE Quality Control Certificate, existing or to be secured, is a hiring contingency.
- Ability to function as Competent Person in accordance with OSHA description for Competent Person.
- This is a Full-time position requiring your Full-time commitment to safety on-site at all times, reporting directing to Senior Project and Corporate officials.
- OSHA 30-HOUR Construction Safety Certificate, updated at a minimum of every three (3) years. The Safety Officer is required to have three (3) years of construction industry safety experience or three two (2) years if he or she possesses a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or safety and health degree.
Required Relationship Skills
- Strong management and interpersonal skills, working with many concurrent ongoing operations and recognizing the safety culture intended for this project and overall corporate goals benefiting the safety and health of our employees and subcontractors.
- Proficiency in use of a personal computer and software programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced work environment.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance with Family Coverage, National Network.
- Company paid term life insurance.
- Vacation, Sick time, and paid Holidays.
- 401k Retirement Plan.
- Relocation Assistance Negotiable.
Other Notable: You must provide a detailed resume and have available, certificates, documenting the required project training or certification requirements.
Apply by email to (see below) ; (see below)
Reference: SSHO in the subject line of your Email
Equal Opportunity Employer.Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace