Acute Care Hospital south of Little Rock, AR is seeking a Oncology Practice Precertification/Accreditation Nurse to join their cancer team.
- 200+ beds
- Currently building a Cancer Center and it will be completed in April/May.
- Currently have 19 infusion bays and will have 22 in the new Center.
- 1.5 Oncologist on staff currently, but will be adding a 3 rd in April and a 4 th in July.
- 1 Advanced Practice Provider on staff
- Treating hematology oncology and medical oncology patients.
- Breast, GI, Colon and Prostrate cancer are their largest cancer cases by volume.
The Role you will Play:
Strong focus on pre-authorizations, coordination between clinic and billing departments. Works closely with front office, infusion and clinic staff, billing departments, and outside provider clinics and services to ensure services rendered are covered in the guidelines. Deals with a diverse group including physicians, patients, clinics, payers, and management. Monitors, evaluates, and ensures that all applicable treatments are pre-authorized/precertified within the appropriate time frames. Assist with interpretation of coverage guidelines in order to obtain precertifications. Monitors drug utilization for off label use and provides education to Physicians and Clinical staff.
Responsible for managing compliance with American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACS CoCS) and/or other accreditations or certifications pursued by Jefferson Regional Cancer Center. Help seek accreditation to develop programs following the standards of ACS CoC. Lead survey preparation at Facility, complete survey application. Record and document from the surveyor. Attend all Cancer Committee meetings and ensure that Committee composition meetings are scheduled, agenda and minutes meet CoC standards. Maintains documentation of Cancer Committee activities using minutes and program activity tool in preparation for the survey. Assist with the completion of Annual Report on cancer activities for the facility. Attend cancer conferences and educational events pertinent to Oncology as approved by the Director. Participates in required continuing educational programs.
- Outdoor recreation, attractions, a diverse manufacturing base and warm, friendly people.
- Offers golf, tennis, hunting, fishing, and excellent housing values.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing: RN.
- Current licensure by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing as demonstrated by renewal expiration dates.
- Oncology and Chemo Certifications required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years current nursing experience required.
- Current knowledge of Oncology treatments and disease processes preferred.
- Understanding latest evidence-based practice for Oncology and Immunology preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in clinic billing with insurance verification and eligibility preferred.
- ICD10 and CPT coding experience as needed.
- Practice Management/Billing software experience preferred.
- Experience with coverage guidelines for governmental, commercial payers, NCCN and FDA preferred.
- Quality Reporting experience required.