Aon is looking for a Property Risk Consultant
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Property Risk Control Consultant. This position will support Aon's Property Risk Consulting group.
The successful candidate can expect to work with colleagues and clients to develop an understanding of the many property risks posed by fire, earthquake, flood, and other Natural Catastrophes. They will assist in making recommendations to the clients which will reduce the Total Cost of Risk (TCOR) of the client's property portfolio. This position will be located near an Aon office in the Northeastern States.
- Perform property risk control/underwriting surveys for various clients in diverse industries.
- Witness hydrant and fire pump flow tests, sketch sprinkler systems, and carry out hydraulic calculations.
- Survey client facilities for fire, smoke, and other property loss potential. Develop loss expectancies for recommendations and MFL, PML & NLE.
- Consult with clients on ways to control hazards in order to reduce or prevent losses. Influence clients to implement recommendations.
- Provide technical support and guidance to global manufacturing plants, warehouses, R&D centers and offices in the areas of fire protection, fire alarm, code consulting, and general loss prevention.
- General fire protection consulting visits to various client locations.
- Problem solving using the application of Client Standards, NFPA, FM Global or other best practices to resolve technical fire protection issues.
- Perform reviews of architectural and engineering plans for client facilities (either new construction, expansion or renovation projects) for fire sprinkler systems, water supply, and fire alarm systems and provide review comments.
- Attend facility design and construction meetings to provide input and review with respect to fire loss prevention and fire protection-engineering issues.
- Develop cost effective strategies to resolve recommendations for fire loss prevention purposes.
- Investigate fire losses and prepare written reports and/or presentations documenting findings.
- Contribute to the annual insurance renewal.
- Provide cost effective solutions or alternatives to provide a suitable level of protection for a building or process.
- Support construction and new manufacturing projects to ensure necessary fire protection standards are met.
- 3-7+ years minimum experience in a consulting role with an HPR Property Insurance Company
- Experience in manufacturing occupancies and associated hazards
- Technically proficient in understanding, interpreting, and applying NFPA and/or FM Global standards; and, evaluating fire protection systems (automatic sprinklers, special extinguishing systems, etc.)
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient, organized, and hasgood written and oral communication skills
- Must be physical fit and able to climb ladders and stairs and transition to and from ladders or stairs in order to access building roof areas and upper or lower floors within a customer site during surveys.
- Past experience with, and ability to assess high hazard occupancies (flammable liquids, combustible dusts, etc.)
- Travel more than 50 miles from the office is expected 50% of the time
- Ability to work from home
- B.S. Engineering or minimum 5 years of Highly Protected Risk engineering/consulting experience
Acompetitivetotal rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with agrowingworldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience .
Aon plc (NYSE:AON)is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions.Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.