WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Retail Loan Adjuster. The Retail Loan Adjuster will initiate collection attempts to achieve target delinquency goals and loss ratios while minimizing risk using all available collection techniques and tools. The incumbent will review each assigned account and determine a plan of action to cure the delinquency. The incumbent will determine the reason for delinquency and negotiate mutually-agreed upon solutions to resolve all past-due payment, any additional fess, and any future payments due until customer can pay as agreed, as well as send collection letters as needed on each account. The incumbent will update customer information and accounts accordingly in the collections system. The incumbent will recommend accounts for repossession, foreclosure, legal action, lines restrained, deposit accounts closed, or charge off when such an action is in the best business interest of the Bank. Additional responsibilities include; ordering property inspections on mortgage secured loans, sending foreclosure demand letters when required, sending suspense letters when payment received and delinquency is not cured, and working on detailed plans for more seriously delinquent customers. The incumbent will develop comprehensive arrangements on more difficult problem loans, maintain delinquency at agreed upon percent for assigned product, recognize what efforts need to be exhausted and use all available collection tools in order to prevent a loss such as credit reports, system software, and customer files.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM position, located at WSFS Bank Center at 500 Delaware Ave in Wilmington, DE
• High school diploma is required, some college preferred.
• Minimum 3 years collection experience for 0-90 day delinquent accounts. Prior mortgage collections experience is required.
• Must have familiarity with the appropriate laws and regulations, understand loan documentation, skip tracing tools, delinquency tracking and collection systems.
• Must have exceptional research and analytical skills in order to provide valuable recommendations for improvements or updated processes.
• Must have strong skills using Windows and Microsoft software products.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items over head, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, decision making, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.