GHD has an opening in our Bowie, MD office for a Resident Project Representative whose experience is focused in the area of civil/site and pipeline construction. As an RPR, you will be responsible for performing field verification of conformance with contract documents for large civil/site/pipeline projects managed from our Bowie office.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Represent GHD as the on-site primary liaison between the construction manager, Owner and the contractor throughout construction of the project
- Provide on-site observation of construction activities including reviewing products against approved submittals for civil, piping, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and controls associated with water/wastewater facilities and/or pumping stations
- Administer weekly onsite coordination meetings with the Contractor, Owner, and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and oversee third-party materials testing, including but not limited to soils and concrete
- Work with operations staff to coordinate shutdowns and other activities that affect daily plant operations
- Maintain an on-site set of redline drawings documenting final installed materials/equipment along with any project deviations
- Assist with contract closeout documentation
- Assist in construction schedule reviews
- Acquire and maintain all certificates, submittals, testing reports, operations and maintenance manuals, and other related construction correspondence
- Utilize a web based document management system for all construction documentation including submittals, RFIs, change management, daily field reports, inspections, and any other contract documentation
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5-10 years of experience in construction inspection and/or construction management, with a focus in civil/site & pipeline projects
- Familiar with the current MDE Standards and Specification for Soil Erosion & Sediment Control.
- Familiar with various construction means and methods of pipe line identification, tracing and installation procedures
- Experience working with multiple subcontractors and demonstrated effective communication with clients, owners and contractors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, hardworking and able to work under minimum supervision
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.