UES, Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a Research Scientist to join our team to conduct research on high temperature ceramic matrix composites. This position is working with our research team on-site within the Ceramics Branch of the Materials and Manufacturing Directorate of the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. The position focuses on the processing-microstructure-property characterization of ceramic matrix composites and their constituents and conducting ground-based tests in relevant environments. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work cooperatively in diverse multi-disciplinary teams. A PhD. in Materials Science or related subject is required. Some of the primary functions for this role will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ceramic composite processing
- Composite Characterization
- Presentation/publication of results
- A Ph.D. in Materials Engineering, Ceramic Engineering or related field (or dissertation defense scheduled)
- Experience in processing-microstructure-property characterization of ceramic matrix composites
- Must be self-motivated, with good interpersonal skills, and be adaptable to varying program objectives
- This position will require careful attention to detail
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.