About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. We build the capability to help our leaders make more informed decisions on identifying and attracting talent, and developing and retaining talent. We're looking for a research scientist to help us scale our analytics alongside DoorDash's enormous growth. You will help guide important decisions with executive leaders. Come be part of an exciting team that excels in People Analytics.About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced research scientist to join our People Analytics team. We're a data-driven organization, empowering local economies and our people to do the best work of their careers. You will help build the capability to forecast where our future employee growth will take us, dive deep to build the best employee experience, and help create the most scientific HR organization. You will support and scale our people sciences within the People Team. You will work with a team of analysts, scientists, and engineers to support DoorDash in our hyper-growth experience.You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Use the latest technology to create forecasting and deep dive analysis
- Help lead our strategy on scientific experiments within the HR space
- Partner with the senior leaders who deliver the organizational change based on the findings from people analytics
- Get to solve employee experience problems using predictive modeling, machine learning, forecasting or statistical modeling
- 2+ years of industry experience developing optimization models with business impact - more experience preferred
- M.S., or PhD. in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Operations Research, Physics, Economics, or other quantitative fields
- Good understanding of many quantitative disciplines such as statistics, machine learning, operations research, causal inference, and specialize in at least one
- Demonstrated familiarity with programming languages e.g. python and machine learning libraries e.g. SciKit Learn, Spark MLLib
- Experience productionizing and A/B testing different machine learning models
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modeling skills, Advanced SQL with MySQL and Columnar Databases
- Industry experience using machine learning algorithms such as XGBoost, LightGBM, ElasticNet
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners - Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.About DoorDash
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website , the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog , and the DoorDash Careers page .
DoorDash is growing and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users-from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce - people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.