Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Scientific Company, the central Research Lab of Teledyne Technologies, is a cutting edge R&D organization with more than 50 years of legacy of new technology development and transition. The company has world class laboratories and facilities, and a highly dynamic, multi-disciplinary work environment.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Scientific Company has an immediate opening at its Thousand Oaks, CA facility for a mid-level Research Scientist position in the Integrated Solutions and Systems Division. The Division is at the forefront of developing cutting edge technologies in Optical systems, Photonics, PNT (Position, Navigation, and Timing) solution, Optical communication, HEL (High Energy Laser), and Energy storage areas. The position is located at TSC's Thousand Oaks, CA facility.
- Design, develop, and test power electronics circuits, power conversion systems
- Support development of Control electronics for a variety of applications
- Support integration and demonstration of high power energy storage system
- Develop drive electronics for electro-optic, and opto-mechanical components
- Develop software and firmware for low-latency real-time control of electro-optic, and opto-mechanical devices and systems
- Experiment with ultra-high precision systems and identify root-cause problems
- Work with team to understand customer requirements, identify solution space, and identify technology development, maturation, and transition path
- Collaborate with management and technical team to generate new ideas and development plans, including pursuit of R&D funding
- Build intellectual property portfolio and publish new findings, as appropriate
Desired skills, experience, and qualities:
- Ability to cover a wide range of electrical engineering problems and challenges, and develop technology portfolios on the core activities
- Strong background in controls and power electronics, with hands-on experience in laboratory environment, instrumentation, test equipment, and design tools
- Analog and digital circuit design, low-level programming, and prototyping experience is required. FPGA programming experience desired
- Experience with common programming languages with interest in hands on (embedded) firmware and familiarity with software development practices (version control/compiler skills/ debugging, etc.) desired
- Passion for new technology development and creative thinking
- Excellent technical judgment, data analysis, and interpretation skills
- Willingness to take complete responsibility of assigned duties and ability to work in a team environment, without much day-to-day supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with highly dynamic cross-functional project teams
PhD in Electrical Engineering with 5 to 10 years of experience
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year