Purpose of Job We are seeking at talented Reporting Analyst Lead (Regulatory Relations) for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, or Tampa, FL facility or can be a 100% Remote Work Opportunity.
Responsible for creating new, modifying existing, and performing ad-hoc reporting in support of business processes and data-driven decision making. Develops a deep understanding of the business/customer and builds strong relationships with stakeholders. Delivers value through data analysis and reporting and adapts to changing business needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers ? World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Facilitates business projects of the highest complexity, size and visibility ensuring stakeholders champion decision making data needs.
- Leads or directs the design, development and implementation and provides oversight of the maintenance of highly complex and often unique business solutions, which may include data, reporting, Business Intelligence or analytics.
- Utilizes a comprehensive understanding of multiple data structures and sources (possesses an expert knowledge of multiple data stores) to Lead or direct highly complex and unique data manipulation using expert data extraction and analytical tools and techniques.
- Expert on the entire life cycle of report development and identifies and implements best practices
- Applies a holistic understanding of the business operations and analytics to influence business strategies and solutions.
- Leads or directs the development of innovative approaches to address complex or unique business problems and solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring data governance operating principles are followed and yield efficient and accurate reporting of COSA data for consumption by the Enterprise.
- Coordinates inputs from multiple sources, synthesizes data/information and creates qualitative commentary capturing key messages.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 8 years (12 years if no degree) of experience in data analysis/extraction, statistics, data management, analytics and/or data reporting.
- Experience in identifying multiple sources of data and transforming data into reports to tell the story and tailor presentations as need for audience and purpose.
- Experience creating reports for presentation to Sr. Leadership, Board of Directors, Committees, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of data reporting/analysis tools and techniques and ability to use SQL and/or Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs, and charts.
- Expert troubleshooting skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of compliance, risk management, and data security frameworks.
- Experience in creating automated reports and interactive visualizations using tools such as Python and Tableau.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Prior Regulatory experience.
- Prior Regulatory reporting experience.
- Prior Board of Director level reporting.
- Prior experience using Salesforce and Tableau to create reporting.
- Prior use of Tableau to create dashboards and reporting.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/22/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.