Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation's leading health care and higher education builders. Messer's footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Charlotte & Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, & Dayton, Ohio; Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company's sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer's reputation for support, commitment, and career growth makes it an attractive place to advance and finish your career!
We are currently seeking a Rental Division Manager to join our team in the Louisville office of the Rental Division. This position supports/manages Messer's Rental Division operations in our expanding market place within the Louisville region. This individual will manage all aspects of the division's services in their region, as well as promote expansion of services to all regions. This individual must possess a high level of organization and time management skills, as well as be able to manage processes while thinking creatively. A customer service mindset, excellent communications skills and the ability to perform at a high level without direct supervision are essential. Additionally, this individual must be a self-starter and be able to interact with people at different levels within the organization.
Managing the Rental Division Louisville Region, its facility & inventory including but not limited to:
- Support and promote Lean Performance and Efficiencies of operations at all times
- Support and promote value driven, differentiated equipment rental services and consulting for internal and external customers
- Support and maintain all corporate division and general company policies and procedures
- Maintain productive communication with Senior Rental Division Management regarding the mix of tools and materials to be stored and utilized.
- Maintain communication/coordination with the Rental Division supply chain for timely transport of materials and equipment
- Analysis and determination of the type and amount of tools and materials to stock based on forecasted utilization
- Analyze, determine and maintain adequate parts, accessories and consumable inventory levels
- Support and promote "sub-rental" arrangements as needed to facilitate regional needs
- Establish and support strategic alliances with vendors to promote "one-stop-shopping" by our customers
- Maintain equipment in a fully functional, clean and safe condition and manage tag-in/tag-out process
- Coordinate/arrange for all routine maintenance and safety inspections for large equipment in the region
Transaction functions including but not limited to:
- Receiving and preparing regional orders for timely and accurate deliveries
- Coordination with Safety Department to provide the best and complete line of safety apparatus and supplies to our projects
- Work with Rental Division accounting to maintain accurate tracking and accounting of transactions and/or service
- Accurate transaction records via Point of Sale system
- Process Work and Purchase orders as required
- Filing, record retention
- Assess loss or unreasonable damage to equipment for adjustment/billing to the customer
Administrative functions including but not limited to:
- Maintain improved professional standards/image for the Rental Division facilities & equipment
- Communicate/plan with Operations Managers, Labor Coordinators, Safety Department and Building Systems Group as to type and scope of future inventory
- Establish strategic business relationships with various external suppliers of services, materials and equipment (sub-rentals, quantity purchasing, etc.)
- Coordinate services with corporate and other satellite regions
- Train or arrange training for users in the safe operation of rental equipment per request
- Train new Rental Division employees as applicable
- Coach and promote professional growth of regional employees when applicable. Model professional service and hold others accountable for same
- Attend and participate in meetings as required or beneficial
- Excellent time management capabilities
- Ability to consistently identify & maintain focus on changing priorities
- High quality communication skills
- Ability to put a strategic focus on growing business opportunities and relationships
- Possesses a "what it takes" attitude to serve and execute the customer's needs
- Computer literate - ability to adapt to new software/systems, particularly a "point of sale" system
- Knowledge of function and features of construction related equipment
- Organized and efficient
- A true "team player" ability to operate and invest into a team environment
- Work accuracy and consistency is essential
- Ability to manage work load independently
- Self-starter, ability to perform with minimal guidance
- Ability to work non-routine hours as required
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- Creative ability to analyze options and arrive at solutions to problems that are appropriate to Messer's business applications and philosophy
- Possess an understanding of global company goals through attendance of company management meetings and other meetings as appropriate
- Energetic and outgoing but focused on the tasks at hand
- Exemplify the highest degree of professionalism / ethics
The overall goal for this position is to be the provider of all Rental Division services in a professional manner in the assigned region and to generally lead process improvement. To maintain communication and coordination between the regional facility and the supply chain as well as regional management and the projects served. Also to work with all other associated divisional services and to be able to adapt to non-routine assignments at times of need as directed by the Senior Manager.
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
Senior Rental Division Manager / Rental Division Executive
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at .
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
- High School or better
- Bachelors or better
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
See job description