Responsible for directing and growing a dialysis business within a defined region through effective leadership and management of all aspects of customer service, quality patient care, marketing of SHC and responsible financial management. About Satellite Healthcare
Satellite Healthcare is more than simply a dialysis company. Since our founding in 1974, we have become the industry's leader in personalized quality care: 70% of our centers earn 4- and 5-star ratings from Medicaid and Medicare.gov, far ahead of all other providers. Our success in caring for patients can be attributed to our mission, our not-for-profit structure, and our people. Together, they create a powerfully patient-centered organization.
Our mission is clear: to make life better for people living with kidney disease. Because we are a non-profit, we can pursue that mission with all our resources, united by our passion for patient care. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, Satellite Research explores new ways to elevate the effectiveness and delivery of dialysis therapy. And Satellite Wellbound is leading the industry in home dialysis because better outcomes and quality of life are our highest priority. We are also substantial contributors to community and philanthropic kidney initiatives.
Across our organization, we share a single mission - to make life better for those living with kidney disease. Watch our video to learn more about our mission.
About the Role
Responsible for directing and growing a dialysis business within a defined region through effective leadership and management of all aspects of customer service, quality patient care, marketing of SHC and responsible financial management. Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining profitability and growth while ensuring compliance with applicable company and regulatory requirements. Assists divisional management with the development, implementation and management of divisional and company initiatives and strategies.
Supports the company's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the SHC Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and SHC policy requirements.
- Responsible for driving the SHC culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Directs the dialysis operations of a defined region providing leadership and guidance regarding customer service, quality patient care, marketing and financial management. Provides direction and oversight to the Operations Directors and Senior Directors ensuring the provision of outstanding patient care while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory and company requirements.
- Interprets and implements company policies and procedures and directs and plans the activities of the assigned region to ensure continuing dialysis service program operations, to maximize returns on investments, and to increase productivity.
- Provides guidance, support and advice to the Operations Directors and Senior Directors within the assigned region. Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process. Manages the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in collaboration with HR.
- Oversees the application and implementation of established policies and the control and effective utilization of physical and financial resources. Responsible for financial management of facilities and dialysis programs within the region including ensuring the optimal performance of facility operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for support of all financial aspects of running the group including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and payroll. Ensures compliance with all local, state and national reimbursement practices, including government and commercial payers.
- Collaborates with Chief Filed Operations Office (CFOO), Physician Strategies, Market Development, Marketing, and other relevant management to develop and implement a regional marketing plan to support regional growth including facility startups.
- Implements operational efficiency improvements which may include, but are not limited to, the standardization of systems, quality control, safety, site selection, facility design, and patient satisfaction.
- Oversees all logistics related to patient care from admission to discharge, including transient patients, in-center, home, and inpatient dialysis services. Ensures the establishment of processes to enable timely completion of patient care plans and scheduling to maximize utilization of facility stations.
- Oversees the implementation of facility specific and regional quality goals and action plans to ensure compliance with all pertinent regulatory requirements and to achieve SHC quality standards. Responsible for the development and achievement of the business plan, budget and key performance indicators. Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for region with CFOO and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals and objectives responding to current status and conditions.
- Accountable for driving SHC staffing and medical supply models and all pertinent SHC business initiatives, including prompt implementation of action plans to correct clinics below threshold performance.
- Responsible for Medical Director Contracts, negotiating and approving agreements as needed. Develops strong relationships with Physician practices within the region and facilitates the establishment of strong relationships between medical directors and physicians and Directors/Senior Directors of Operations.
- Ensures all employees in the region receive the required training and education according to SHC policy and to ensure compliance with all SHC risk management initiatives.
- Provides oversight of all privacy and security aspects and issues in the group and practices risk management strategies and collaborates with legal counsel as appropriate to resolve legal and litigation issues.
- Responsible for maintenance of environmental integrity including safety of all facilities within the region.
- Collaborates with CFOO and Business Development to respond to Joint Venture (JV) opportunities, to identify merger and acquisition opportunities and to participate in the related activities as appropriate. This may include but is not limited to providing oversight of the JV operations; participating in or organizing JV Board meetings and JV Management meetings assuming Board positions as needed, and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the JVs are in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding community and regional healthcare market and industry issues which may impact business. Utilizes current knowledge of SHC products, services and strategies to market the company and grow the business.
- Ensures and promotes the development of the management team/succession planning through coaching, training and leadership development.
- Collaborates with the appropriate Corporate and local groups to ensure the growth of all CKD modalities.
- Ensures a strong communication process between all managers and staff within the region by leading communications sessions and meetings with managers and ensuring the appropriate dissemination of communications to direct patient care and support staff within the division.
- Responsible and accountable for facility maintenance of environmental integrity including safety of all facilities and water systems within designated region of division.
- RN or Bachelor's degree required with concentration in Business, Finance or Healthcare preferred, Master's Degree preferred
- 8 years healthcare management experience, preferred in ESRD
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement
- Finance: Achievement Orientation, Profitability Skills, Analytical Thinking, Multi-site management
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including financial competence, operational excellence, exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Excellent team-building, performance management and decision making skills
- Ability to translate vision and strategy into optimal organizational performance improvement, collaboration & teamwork. Strategic planning risk-taker, contracts/negotiation, execution, takes initiative, impact & influence, business acumen, managing vision & purpose
- Ability to communicate crucial people conversations, social intelligence, emotional intelligence, conflict management, job knowledge, change leadership, talent development, servant leadership
- Ability to promote good working relationships, build team commitment, communication skills, customer focus, time management
- Basic computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- Frequent travel required