Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It's why we're more than housing-we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services-because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people-families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers-call a CommonBond community "home." Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond Communities welcomes applications for a full-time Regional Property Manager at our Central Office in St. Paul, MN. The Regional Property Manager will oversee a portfolio of properties in the Twin Cities/Metro Area, more specifically in St. Paul and the surrounding suburbs.
The primary responsibility of the Regional Property Manager is to manage the operation of fiscally sound, well- maintained and socially healthy housing communities and provide leadership and guidance to the team.
Experience in affordable housing programs such as Section 8, Section 42, and tax credit as well as managing resident support services highly preferred.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Hires, trains, mentors, and manages a team, partnering with Human Resources as needed
- Assists with the development of effective resident services programs.
- Provides advisement/direction on resident issues.
- Works with affiliate board and site staff on creating plans for preserving the site's long-term affordability.
- Represents the site and corporation to public agencies and the community.
- Provides feedback on-site status/progress to upper management.
- Participates in department meetings.
- Reviews, and abides by all terms of the Management Agreements.
- Stays abreast of all compliance issues and code issues.
- Monitors and provides complete and accurate documentation of all appropriate regulatory requirements. Including HUD, Fair Housing, OSHA, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws pertaining to fair housing, ADA, all physical requirements, including but not limited to pool rules, fencing, lighting, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all CommonBond Housing policies and procedures.
- Meets department benchmarks for occupancy, and 97% economic occupancy
- Coordinates with property managers to write effective marketing plans aimed at achieving and maintaining a minimum 98% occupancy rate.
- Drafts and secures arrival for annual operating plan and budget for resident/owner board.
- Reviews and approves capital expenditures and service contracts
- Completes budget packages and reports for outside owners and regulatory agencies, including narrative summaries, market analysis, forecasting, and capital needs projections.
- Assesses physical condition of properties, makes recommendations for capital needs; keeps owner advised of major maintenance issues/projects.
- Inspects properties regularly and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Summarizes current concerns and plans of action for improving performance.
- Provides written analysis as needed and as requested.
- Assists with developing and then monitoring all procedures to ensure completeness and timeliness.
- Prepares quarterly site visit report a minimum of once a quarter.
- Walk grounds, vacant units, and common areas including assessing signage, lighting, and parking surfaces.
- Keeps abreast of the timeframe of turning units, adjusts performance as needed to achieve a 24-hour turnaround.
- Supports the team in the timely completion of resident service requests.
All other duties as assigned or apparent
- Working knowledge of federally assisted housing regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Analytical capability and a methodical approach to presenting and interpreting data.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications.
- Solid skills and experience with training, mentoring, and motivating site managers and staff.
- Solid track record of successful financial property performance.
- Three years of experience in multi-site management.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively between sites.
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the property as determined by leadership
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Establish goals; analyze history.
- Solve occupancy problems in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with the director of property management to communicate issues and plans of action for resolution.
- Develop, coordinate, communicate, and adjust operating plan/management plans as needed to ensure budgeted goals are met.
- Proficient in YARDI.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Use of hands and arms to use a computer keyboard, adding machine and calculator.
- Able to walk, climb stairs, stand and squat or perform property inspections and tours.
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the regional manager position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.