Job Complexity & Critical Skills
- As a key employee liaison between the client and RKW, the Regional Manager must perform the job duties with a view toward projecting a professional and competent image:
- Position is fundamental to client retention and includes working closely with assigned Property Manager, Regional VP, the President and/or the Developer to manage the account & facilitate solutions to operational problems within the property.
- Strong customer service practices, financial management and supervisory experience are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of state and regulatory agency statutes and each client's community document, policies, and procedures.
- Review and confirm that all documents into the management support systems are uploaded accurately and updated accordingly.
- Possesses knowledge of cash balances and availability of funds for capital improvement projects; as well as, status of delinquencies / collection efforts.
- Monitors key critical professional service contracts - insurance and legal services; and contributes as needed in any major procurement process for construction, maintenance and/or supplies required from client.
- Monitor property operations, including leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, administration, and policy and procedures to ensure compliance while supporting the community's established goals and driving value.
- Lease-up expertise is a mandatory requirement, but the successful candidate must also have experience managing a wide spectrum of property types and situations including workforce housing properties, rehab/renovations and distressed/turnaround properties.
- Strong asset management analysis of property performance using Excel required, and advice as to the direction of markets and sub-markets in the region.
- Assist in prepare, implement and meet the annual operating and capital budgets and forecasts for assigned communities. Accurate and timely preparation of reports including financial reports, analysis, and budgets.
- Train, coach and mentor property managers. Participate in hiring process for key site positions. Ensure adequate/appropriate staffing.
- Pro-actively notify management and owners of any capital plan.
- Implements and oversees compliance with all regulatory agency policies and Tenant Selection Plan requirements (i.e. Fair Housing and Occupancy compliance).
- Conduct regular site visits to evaluate market readies, rents, delinquencies, and lease renewals. Hold team meetings. Ensure communities assigned receive necessary training and adhere to established company standards including customer service.
- Overseeing the policies and procedures in line with corporate practices.
- Client liaison and relationship management with owners.
- Report and Discuss new ideas and staff performance on a regular basis with Senior Manager.
- Oversees weekly / monthly reporting to owners as well as any regulatory reporting
- Maintain detailed knowledge of market and sub-market through networks established/maintained with significant competitors.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team. Ability to make goals and deadlines clear, motivate through words, develop strong teamwork, and provide direction when necessary.
- Excellent understanding of accounting practices and procedures with prior work experience in financial analysis and budgeting
- Must be a capable planner and have the ability to successfully multi-task.
- Is personable, professional; detail oriented and organized.
- Must be entrepreneurial and willing to travel as needed to execute investment strategies on the portfolio properties. Must have reliable vehicle, insurance and good driving record.
- Must possess strong managerial background; minimum four (4) years of experience in Property Management. National Apartment Association Designations CAM and/or CAPs preferred.
- Employee is sometimes required to work for extended periods of times being flexible in the hours which could include nights and weekends.
- Must have the ability to react and address all emergency situations in a timely manner. Must be available to handle emergency calls.
Employee reports directly to the Regional VP