Our client, a leading Fine Art Auction House is looking for a Receiving Coordinator to join their team in their Chicago office.
The Receiving Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring all property related to the Auction is accurately received and documented, and then stored properly.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication and organisational skills and will be a detail oriented individual.
Receiving Coordinator Key Duties:
- Receive and process incoming property, including Fine Art, Furniture, Textiles and Decorative pieces of Art
- Unpack, log, tag and store property in the appropriate locations and company databases
- Provide quality checks and reports of all property
- Create detailed damage reports of property as required
- Work closely with colleagues in the Property Team on exhibition setup
- Work closely with the Shipping Team and assist with outgoing property
- Assist with any other operational tasks as required
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, a college degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in receiving goods and logistics
- Basic technical proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to pack and unpack, lift, box and crate/uncrate property weighing around 50 pounds
- Comfortable to work on your feet throughout the day
- Use of Dock equipment and tools, such as Pallet Jacks, Crowbars, Material - Handling equipment
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends as required