At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Strategic Real Estate Planning Specialist within PNC's Realty Services organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
This position will be responsible for managing the office real estate portfolio by developing strategic real estate plans that align with PNC's business needs. Through strong teamwork, the Strategic Planner gathers and analyzes real estate data, financials, building space metrics, and business needs from senior leaders to propose solutions that align with the space needs of PNC. An ideal candidate has excellent communication skills to clearly and effectively cascade strategic plans through all levels of the organization. A real estate, finance, and/or analytic background is preferred however the ability to gather these complex sets of information, understand the big picture, and remain flexible in their recommendations is necessary.
- Quantifies current and future real estate needs and develops and recommends real estate plans that conform with PNC line of business and company strategies.
- Continuously monitors space utilization, vacancies and business realignments within assigned region while looking for consolidation opportunities, developing use strategies and floorplans, and supporting finance in determining cost implications. Identifies building and market specific opportunities and develops strategies that will contain/reduce net occupancy costs.
- Serves as line of business real estate liaison and/or consultant within assigned region. Periodically gathers headcount projections, assesses current line of business space utilization, and develops and recommends space plans in accordance with company guidelines.
- Continuously monitors key transaction dates, including lease expirations, renewal notice dates, lease termination options, depreciation runoff and other critical terms and conditions.
- Provides timely and accurate approval documentation to realty services' transactions team prior to lease action date. Understands and adheres to all established approval processes and protocols. May have approval authority based on scope of real estate transaction. When applicable, clearly outlines and summarizes real estate planning options and all relevant information for executive review and approval.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Analytical Thinking - Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Architectural Design - Knowledge of and ability to design physical objects and structures like buildings, bridges and walls, following relevant building codes and organizational protocols.Cost-Benefit Analysis - Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for analyzing the purpose and scope of a producer, a product, a process, or project in terms of cost and benefits.Data Gathering and Reporting - Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.Real Estate Practice - Knowledge of specializations, tools, practices and regulations within the real estate industry; ability to operate a real estate enterprise to achieve business success.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at .
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.