Job Summary/Company: Our client, a growing impact investment firm, is searching for a diligent Real Estate Paralegal to join its team. This person will manage communications with various parties involved in the loan closing process for large commercial loans in addition to fully supporting loan closing functions such as ensuring funding and ensuring document due diligence.
Individuals living within the Washington, D.C. region will have access to a downtown office if desired, otherwise the role will be 100% remote.Responsibilities:
- Assessing and preparing contracts, lease agreements, and closing documents.
- Reviewing financing options, lending requirements, title affidavits, and bankruptcy claims.
- Facilitating communication between commercial property owners, borrowers, and lawyers.
- Conducting research and distributing real estate documents.
- Analyzing title documents and legal descriptions of property.
- Documenting processes, as well as maintaining hard copy files and electronic records.
- Answering borrower questions and escalating serious concerns.
- Keeping borrowers informed of progress made with loan applications.
- Submitting accurate legal documents in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum three (3) years paralegal experience, preferably in banking/finance or community development.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in investment commercial real estate loan administration, preferably in affordable housing.
- Strong technical expertise in closing and loan management.
- Demonstrated ability to close commercial real estate loans.
- Strong communication, analytical, decision-making, time management, organizational, follow-up and relationship management skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel (e.g. VLOOKUPS).
- Demonstrated interest in organization's community development mission
Download the Sparks Group Jobs mobile app from Apple App Store or Google Play .
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.