Meritage Homes in conjunction with Carefree Title Agency, Inc. is hiring a Full time Escrow Officer in West Palm Beach, FL!
The Escrow Officer is responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Complete real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements, assembling, preparing, reviewing, processing, and distributing closing documents, and disbursing funds.
- Determine escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Obtain clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, and coordinating satisfaction/release of existing liens and encumbrances against property or sellers.
- Establish escrow accounts, handle escrow funds, and maintain records.
- Prepare transaction documents by completing forms and statements and collecting and reviewing documents.
- Complete calculations for prorating taxes and interest.
- Complete closing transaction documents by assembling documents, reviewing documents with parties, explaining provisions and procedures, answering questions, checking documents for completeness and accuracy, and obtaining signatures.
- Complete closing by recording and filing documents and preparing and distributing final closing statements and title policies.
- Prepare HUD/CD statements in accordance with lender instructions and applicable law.
- Close escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Comply with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to applicable regulatory requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization's efficiency, reputation, and environment by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to company's production, profitability, image, and environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- 2-4 years related experience with 3+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow officer and/or assistant;
- Current Florida Notary Public
- Intermediate to expert level of Microsoft Office suite
- Read and interpret documents, such as operating and maintenance instructions and policy and procedure manuals;
- Write routine reports and correspondence;
- Communicate effectively with customers and other employees of organization;
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, and percentages.
Escrow Officer Certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or bank is a plus.Overview:
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. ? Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best