Real Estate Controller
Summary: An employee-focused and rapidly growing real estate company in Charlotte is seeking a Controller to motivate, coach, and manage 3+ employees, as well as manage all of the accounting and reporting functions for company. This individual will prepare recurring and ad hoc reporting, including balance sheet, income statements, statement of cash flows, implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective internal controls, including controls over financial reporting and cash management, maintain a chart of accounts, review tax basis financials and reconcile to GAAP basis books and records when needed, develop and maintain metrics, assist in budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis, maintain fixed asset depreciating schedule, coordinate audits, review payables, receivables, payroll, and month end financials for accuracy. This positions offers amazing benefits, team culture, and has strong potential to move into a CFO role in a couple years!
Location: Uptown Charlotte - Free parking - 100% onsite
Growth: This role has strong potential to move into a CFO role in around a couple years!
Culture: Positive, team culture with a family-feel offering team building events and happy hours!
Benefits: 5 weeks PTO/Holidays, 401K Match, Competitive Health Care package, Short & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting
- 9+ years of progressive well-rounded accounting experience
- 3+ recent years of experience coaching and leading a team of employees
- Real Estate / Property Management industry experience
- Recent Yardi, Onsite, MRI, or other related real estate software highly preferred
- Strong relationship building and leadership skills
Category Code: JN001, JN005