- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Similar
- Chemistry Laboratory Experience (preferably an internship or some outside of school)
- Strong technical understanding
- Exposure to viscosity (viscometer) or rheological analysis (rheometer or tensometer)
- Comfort with performing routine work for formulation activities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Detail oriented / Safety conscious
* Responsible for routine set-up, maintenance, cleaning and running of equipment used to develop polymeric blends, preparing test articles, and their characterization
* Executes DOE's and tests materials per protocols
* Required to conduct chemical and mechanical property evaluation tests to assess the desirability of process or formulation changes. Prepares samples as required for manufacturing, testing, or other evaluations and data analysis.
* Record data and observations in laboratory notebooks. Maintain notebooks and batch records in compliance with GLP/GMP
* Participate in process and product transfer to operations group
* Comply with safety and GLP guidelines including maintaining up to date training, following SOPs, maintaining equipment, and proper documentation of lab notebooks and logbooks.
* Qualified candidate must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This individual should be able to communicate effectively (both oral and written communication) with co-workers.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.